Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

accounting program

• 31-08-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi, I am going full time at my own business and i am looking for some kind of pc application which i could use to streamline my accounting and make it a bit easier than having a collection of microsoft office files. I would spend up to around €500 if i had to but i really hope to pay no more than €100 - i have no idea how much accounting software costs.
    The business will be sort of multifaceted in that i may want to keep sales and services seperate .... possibly.. and maybe some other things like that. There are no employees and probably wont be, however i would like to have the option to expand in the future without having to learn new software.
    I was hoping to find some program that was intelligent and could link together associated documents automaticaly, eg links from a daybook to asociated receipts, invoices and stockbooks etc; like an online database.... i suppose essentially something that would do all the repetitious tasks for me, like that would automaticaly perform associated tasks etc. {btw i dont mind having to spend time setting it up and writing macros or anything like that}
    Whatever it is, it would have to be able to work with/in the context of the irish tax system. I would hope that it would be able to work things out for me a bit. I have very little accounting knowledge so i would be relying on it to help me to get accounts prepared for my accountant to check and finish at return time .... and it would have to save me TIME in the long run.
    Basicly i want the "if carlsberg did account software" - ie easy to use, does everything for you, great support, expanable and upgradeable.... does it exist ?....... with great big funky buttons ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

I've been using Mamut for the past 6 months and find it very user firendly and easy to use.

Check out their website at www.mamut.ie. It'll cost you more than €100 though - I think €500 would be a more realistic figure again you pay for mandatory telephone support, licence fees....

You could always outsource your bookkeeping function to save you having to do it yourself ;)

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

As an accountant, with most of the current accounting products and iff for turnover reasons u dont have to be audited, you probably dont need
    my accountant to check and finish at return time.
    and can spend his/her fees on targeted advice on tax and other issues.

The way I see it, fees for 'doing accounts' that are unaudited should be very different for fees for audited accounts, for reasons of liability.

However, in many cases the time will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

ideally i would get somebody to do EVERYTHING if i could; however i cant see how an accountant would be able to keep track of all my invoices, purchases, cheques, filing etc . ( unless i had one on my payroll, which isnt going to happen), If it were possible to avoid all bookeeping by paying for a service or something then i would be very interested i think. Is there such a service ? How would it work ?
    I was going the software route for some way of streamlining the gathering into a pc of the purchase receipts, cheque payments, keeping track of paid and unpaid invoices etc. Are you saying that if i go this way then i would be doing so much of the work on the software myself that there would be no need to employ an accountant unless i was being audited ?
    thanks for your help

Hi thetourist,

Sent you a pm

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

JoeTurner wrote:
    Hi thetourist,

Sent you a pm with a few more details on how I work my bookkeeping bureau. Let me know if you have any questions

Joe

unhelpful to the rest of us on the forum

There is no need to tell us that u are Pm ing
    The idea is to share ideas

post reported

• Advertisement

ircoha wrote:

post reported

If I'd posted details I'd have been accused of touting my business!

Sometimes you can't win :rolleyes: ......

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

ircoha wrote:

post reported

Thanks anyway joe.

Advertisement