Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVP & PVE spec explanation??

Options
  • 31-08-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

hi all,
    for the sake of clarity - could you please explain how vital (if at all) it is to spec in different directions?

I'm just returning to game, have a blank talent tree (lvel 33 druid) and don't know which way to spec!! I'm in PVE server (ap) but want to be able to hold my own in any situation. Can't really see how talent tree prepares you or prevents you one way or other.

Really like the balance abilities on a whole, far wider - but I've seen so many recommendations for feral/pvp style. Any omens of clarity :D ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Druids PvE spec is fairly similar to their PvP spec iirc, i.e. feral tree.

For most classes PvP spec includes stuns, burst damage and general survivability vs players while the PvE spec is about sustained dps and survivability vs mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

At level 33 you wouldn't be looking at builds the same way level 70s do, your build should be based more around what's good for levelling (unless it's a twink).

I'm levelling a druid at the moment and I've gone mostly feral tree for now because I'd be fighting a lot in cat form (sometimes bear).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Surion wrote:
    Really like the balance abilities on a whole, far wider - but I've seen so many recommendations for feral/pvp style. Any omens of clarity :D ???

Balance abilities are more mage like, not as great for levelling because you can go oom and you'll have to drink a lot

Feral is where it's at for levelling. Gear yourself up for dps and just mow down the mobs with little to no downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Leveling at 33 definitely go feral heading straight for mangle, as has been said in this thread already, also look at speccing into the lower resto so you can grab imp MoTW, Omen Of Clarity and that improved Healing Touch (can't remember what it's called atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Its like the difference between real sex and a blowup doll... but not really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

any interesting topics ever on this forum that arnt low level questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

any interesting topics ever on this forum that arnt low level questions?

Nope

It's more of an afterthought than a proper WOW board in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

WellyJ wrote:
    Nope

It's more of an afterthought than a proper WOW board in fairness

Thanks guys for all the info especially artwolf...appreciate it!! Off to get the doll LOL.

I do believe that I've just been called a noob outside of the game!! Sorry...but I'm sure you guys all started off somewhere to...tis nice to be nice!

Thanks all again!

Sur

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

For leveling, its gotta be feral all the way. Maybe Balance or Resto at higher levels when you can get in groups. Balance is more fun imho, feral just feels like a rogue, with less down time and even less actual interactions.

As for PvP, at end game (read arenas) it has to be resto and to a lesser extent balance.

There is no place for Feral in a competitive arena team.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

thanks Ivan

• Advertisement
Advertisement