Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finale program recording to cd

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Posting this here as many composers here may have used this software. I have my pieces written on this program but need to find out how to record them to CD from the Finale program.

I hope the moderator doesn't move this to computer forum as they wont know this program.

Cheers all for any help you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

1. Where is link?
    2. Sibelius ftw! Though finale is probably superior, bit like the PC-MAC debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

banquo wrote:
    1. Where is link?
    2. Sibelius ftw! Though finale is probably superior, bit like the PC-MAC debate.

Essentially, Mac is better because the interface is better, and that's about the only reason (at least as far as operating systems go).

As far as I've found, the Finale interface is unbelievably poor. As practise when I got both, I started scoring a piece into both.

I got thirty pages into the Rite of Spring on Sibelius by the time I got four bars into Mozart's Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star variations on Finale. Suffice it to say I've never used Finale since.

Chris: I imagine there's some place where you can save the files as audio files or as MIDI. Look for that, and see if you can export them. If you have them as one or the other, let me know, and it shouldn't be too hard to make a CD from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

tried to export them but wasnt happenin. I think there is a program in finale that does it but cant get at it. Oh and sibelius is better just have the pieces written on Finale and cant copy them to sibelius as this version of finale aint compatible but can scan them into sibelius.

Cheers

Do you have the garritan yoke installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

will check later. Not beside my own computer at moment. What is that program?

• Advertisement

Before you can export a real audio filein finale i.e. wav or mp3, not midi, you need the garritan sounds pack installed.

If you need any help with such stuff PM me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Chris, afaik Finale is aimed solely towards scoring so the sounds you hear are intended only as a sort of preview. If there is any way of getting a sound file out of it, look for a menu option called Render Audio or Export Audio or Bounce Audio. If there is no such option then you can probably export a MIDI file and render it elsewhere.

Feel free to post this question in Recording/Mixing/Pro Audio too, you might get some help there.

Advertisement