Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Tech 2 Battle Ships are coming!

Options
  • 31-08-2007 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Well one type anyway. According to this interview with Noah Ward (some CCP guy) Revelations 3 will introduce the first t2 BS category called "Black Ops" which will basically be BS sized recon ships.

Is this awesome? [Y/N]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Caldari already have a their recon form BS, a scorp. I really hope they go for something other than ECM bonuses on this tech 2 bs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

The other type of Tech 2 ship we haven't come up with a name yet, but it's going to be like a mission runner battleship. A huge number of our player base are not these big PvPers, they are mission runners for their empire, and you know doing their thing. While the ships will be really good at PvP, they will have things like bigger cargo bays for loot. They will have better locking times, better tracking, a lot of utility slots. Things that if you are a mission runner, what would be your ideal battle ship.

This seems a lot more powerful then the 'Black Ops BS' tbh. I do like the way they are not just like HAC's/Command ships with uber resists rather going with the niche thang.

The Black Op's BS is interesting though
    CCP GUY wrote:
    Maybe some special features with perhaps their own jump drives, and their own jump portals that will only allow certain ships through.

This is a bit vague, which certain ships and why? Also I wonder what are the pre recs for these ships.

Also I have a funny feeling My Cool in Doomsday Corp will be happy with the T2 cloaking BS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I suppose there will be a chunk of 30 day skills to learn before you can fly em....

However, I do like niche ships that excel at a small aspect rather than being a pwn all machine.

Dunno if it's awesome or not yet. Will have to see what will be the requirements, the uses and the cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

I just hope they use this oportunity to give caldari....even a somewhat solo ship, but yea overall looks like it could be interesting if not very expensive to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Hmm black ops bs that should be fun >:)

Maybe somthing like a blaster recon hyperion \o/

• Advertisement
Advertisement