Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megan 1.4 - 1998 - should I buy?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

A friends mother owned this car and then her daughter - but of history.

Aside from that if the price is right - should I get this car?

My sister and bro in law have new Renaults and they are all sh1t.

Your opinion of this one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

worded wrote:
    A friends mother owned this car and then her daughter - but of history.

Aside from that if the price is right - should I get this car?

My sister and bro in law have new Renaults and they are all sh1t.

Your opinion of this one?

Renaults dont tend to be too good for longevity, electricals genrally crap out around 13-15 years and bits will start to fall off and be a fecker to get replaced, if i was in the market for a good reliable second hand car i'd be turning Japanese, all the cars i've ever owned have been jap (not imports, domestic models) in my short motoring carrer (sp) i've never encounterd a problem with them i'd go for a corrola or almera, you'd get a good Nissan Almera '99 - '00 with good spec for around 2.5-3K.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you can get the car for very little money, then fair enough. otherwise there are better options. not as flakey as the newer models, but still below average.

Advertisement