Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit whilst parked

Options
  • 30-08-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Howdy people...
    Had a nice surprise when i came out of work yesterday.:mad:
    Somebody reversed into the passenger side of my car pushing it right onto a curb and into the ditch. Fair bit of damage done to the car, but have all the drivers details and that. She is with FBD insurance!

Just wondering if anyone has made claims against them before? Are they fast to cough up the cash for my repair or are they slow at processing the claim I.E sending out people to check the damage on the car.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

FBD are pretty good.

You may need to report it to the Gardai; my cousin had a hire car in Ballinrobe a few weeks ago which got hit by a truck belonging to a local haulage firm. Cost her €160. The truck had knocked off the mirror, and she arrived back as he was trying to put it back on. The trucker took off, telling her to contact their office, but refusing to give insurance details. His office kept stonewalling, saying that my cousin was parked outside the white lines of the parking space, making it her fault (total BS). She had to go back to Australia, and the trucker got off scott free as my cousin didn't get an opportunity to make a report to the Gardai in order to get the insurance details.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

retrosouls wrote:
    Howdy people...
    Had a nice surprise when i came out of work yesterday.:mad:
    Somebody reversed into the passenger side of my car pushing it right onto a curb and into the ditch. Fair bit of damage done to the car, but have all the drivers details and that. She is with FBD insurance!

At least you got details. I came out of my house in Cork one morning to find the back passenger door of my car all smashed in. Nothing I could do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 retrosouls

Yeah, very lucky... first reaction was someone done it and drove off. That feeling when you heart has just fallen out your arse... Yeah, I had that!
    Just a pain going outta my way to get estimations and replacement car. Should be fun...Cheers for the replies ;)

Advertisement