Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Roche joins Simon furman at Sub-Con

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm delighted to announce that Nick Roche, artist on IDW's Transformer books has added his name to the guest list at this years Sub-Con. He will be joining Simon Furman for a talk at the con and then signing/sketching afterwards.

Hope this adds a bit of extra pizzazz for people!

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Sweet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Hey where in dublin is this being held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bryan philips

GWolf wrote:
    Hey where in dublin is this being held?

Its being held at The Central Hotel on Exchequer street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Do you have to pay to get in?

Do you have to prebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Rozie wrote:
    Do you have to pay to get in?

Do you have to prebook?

I dont think you have to pre book, although tickets are available before the actual convention in Sub City, at a cost of 10Euro

• Advertisement

Its being held at The Central Hotel on Exchequer street.

I have no idea where that is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Exchequer street is just off George's street. Sub City itself is across the road from the hotel.

http://www.webtrade.ie/central-hotel-dublin.48136.hotelinfo.html

So is this just comics, or will it involve toy stands as well?

GWolf wrote:
    So is this just comics, or will it involve toy stands as well?

Ive heard there will be toystands as well. Model Mania said they were interested in making their representation known, and 3rd Place mentioned wanting to get all current orders in for that and the other convention in Nov

www.irishcomicbookstore.com

What date is it again? Is it Saturday?

• Advertisement

Yes.

It's next Saturday it would seem.

I'm raging... I have to go to a conference that weekend, so I won't be in town... I would have liked to have met you all.

Those of you who do go along be sure to report back here and let me know how it went.

Yes.

It's next Saturday it would seem.

I'm raging... I have to go to a conference that weekend, so I won't be in town... I would have liked to have met you all.

Those of you who do go along be sure to report back here and let me know how it went.

As in the 29th or the one after that?

Just found out I'm working so I won't be going either :mad:!!
    F%$kin' just my luck...

According to Simon Furman, who gave an interview on Tallaght college radio this afternoon, Nick Roche will now more then likely not be able to make the convention this weekend for personal reasons (this obviously does not rule out his participation in the November convention), but Furman stressed he himself would be there flying the flag:)

He also said Roche might be in Dublin in time for a drink in the bar during the end of the evening

Well my Death's Head custom is coming along sort of nicely. A bit messy because I'm using Kneadatite which is notoriously a bitch to work with. Squashed his eye leading him to harden, have to resculpt it and his eyebrow. I've redesigned him a little so he looks a bit more "organic" and less blocky. Also having trouble finding weapons to give him except for a big ass gun.

Still, It's only a free gift, can't expect much of it.

Hope the bugger likes it.

Well, it turns out I can make it after all, but I'd have to leg it not long after Simons Q & A, so would anybody be interested in meeting up at the bar just after???

Rozie wrote:
    Well my Death's Head custom is coming along sort of nicely. A bit messy because I'm using Kneadatite which is notoriously a bitch to work with. Squashed his eye leading him to harden, have to resculpt it and his eyebrow. I've redesigned him a little so he looks a bit more "organic" and less blocky. Also having trouble finding weapons to give him except for a big ass gun.

Still, It's only a free gift, can't expect much of it.

Hope the bugger likes it.
    Sounds good. Be sure to post photos of it.

Advertisement