Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Filling in tax returns from 2006, advise needed!

• 30-08-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I've to fill in a tax return from 2006 because I received a payment from an umbrella company I was using back in 2005 in January 2006, but since then I've worked with two separate companies, I need the tax details for the entire year of 2006, so I'm wondering should I get my tax details from the company I'm with now (changed over to them in April, they have my p45) or should I contact the other company?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

You need to return any income earned during 2006. Your P60 from the company you worked with up to the end of 2006 should include your total income for 2006 as you should have given them your P45 from the other company when you started with the second company - if it does it will have income from this employment and income from previous employment. If not, you will have to go back to the first company to get a copy of the P45 or you can ring revenue on 1890 444425 and get the P45 details.

You can also claim medical expenses, service charges etc on the return.

Advertisement