Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodwork Show ??

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Has anybody heard of a Woodwork Show being held in Dublin next week? A neighbour mentioned that he had heard / read about some event being held.

I had a look around the web but could not find any mention.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Nope, but I'd be interested. If someone knows of it could they post details please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

From Google lads:

Woodworking Ireland 2007
    WOODWORKING IRELAND 2007
    National Show Centre
    Cloghran, Co. Dublin
    6th - 8th September 2007

Now in its twelfth year, the Woodworking Ireland exhibitions keep getting better and better.
    For 2007, the exhibition returns to the National Show Centre at Cloghran, Co. Dublin.
    Situated alongside the N1 highway, close to the junction with the M50 motorway, the National Show Centre is easily accessible for visitors throughout the whole of Ireland, just five minutes from Dublin Airport, 30 minutes drive to Dublin City and 60 minutes drive to Belfast.

Whether you are a Joinery Manufacturer or a Carpenter, a Kitchen Manufacturer or a Cabinet Maker, a Furniture Manufacturer or a Joiner, a Builders Provider or a Sawmill - if in any way you add value to Wood, you should not miss the WOODWORKING IRELAND 2007 EXHIBITION

The exhibition includes several companies, products and services not seen in Ireland before and ensures the exhibition will be a most worthwhile day for all its visitors.

The exhibition is open from 11:00am-7:00pm on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th and from 10:00am - 5:00pm on Saturday 8th September.
    Parking is free as is entry to the exhibition. For free entry just arrive at The National Show Centre and complete the registration form OR to save you queuing, you can pre-register for entry by completing the ticket form below and emailing it back to us on 'exhibitions@nelton.co.uk' (or print, complete and fax back to 00 44 (0) 1474 536552) and your entry badges will be mailed to you.

ENJOY THE SHOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Niceone, thanks.
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bugger, I'm on holiday then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

There is also the Furniture and Home Accesories show on at the RDS from the 9th to the 12th of September... not entirely woodwork related but it might be of interest to some furniture makers... It is a trade show only so you would need a few invoices from timber providers etc and a company letterhead.

Cheers
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Just saw a list of the exhibitors at the show Said I'd share some of them.....
    Amerock, Atricad Ireland, Becker Acroma, Blum, Camco, Combilift, DeWalt, Granyte, Innovations workshops, Joinerysoft, KBB, Maka, Makita, Panasonic, Paragon power tools, Paslode, Quinn direct, Reichenbacher, SCM, Sicar, Spit, Stanley Bostitch, Titus, Trend, Wadkin, Wesco
    There's loads more (About 250 stands) but couldn't be bothered typeing them seeing as it starts tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

OP thanks for post.

Just been up there: lots of big industrial level wood working machines, some kitchen displays as well as hardware, some air tool suppliers and nobody selling veg peelers:D
    PM me if any specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Ircoha - Do you think the show is just for the woodwork professional or would it suit a hobbiest like me too?

D

Dummy wrote:
    Ircoha - Do you think the show is just for the woodwork professional or would it suit a hobbiest like me too?

D

Almost, even beyond woodworking pro's.

A lot of CNC stuff and edging machines for kitchen units.

Also some kitchen design software demos.

The only benefit I got out of it was I am looking to get into air powered nail guns as am p!ssed off with the gas ones. there was a stand there devoted to that who do one which will take the same nails as I currently have: will do 4".

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks ircoha - You have helped make my mind up. It sounds like a tad over my head, a hobbiest, but when I add on the 4 hour drive to get up there, I don't think I would achieve very much for my day.

I'll stay put and fish for mackeral instead.

D

• Advertisement

Dummy wrote:
    Thanks ircoha - You have helped make my mind up. It sounds like a tad over my head, a hobbiest, but when I add on the 4 hour drive to get up there, I don't think I would achieve very much for my day.

I'll stay put and fish for mackeral instead.

D
    my drive was 40 minutes round trip and that was too far

Advertisement