Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpreserved wood for Hedgehog nesting box

Options
  • 30-08-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭

I want to build a hedgehog nesting box to leave in the garden but my woodworking skills are sh1t and I know nothing about wood however I’m still willing to give it a go. From what i read I need *unpreserved* plywood or softwood for this. Looked in Woodies DIY but they had such a selection of wood I was overwhelmed, there were product codes on the wood but i didn’t know what they meant, didn’t know if the wood was preserved or not etc. Can anyone give me a better idea what exactly to look for.

PS I am aware that if the wood isn’t presevred it may not last very long outdoor but it only has to last a few months anyway.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a shop (not online) where I can buy a box already made up.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement