Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need ideas for GF's Birthday

Options
  • 29-08-2007 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the story, its my girls birthday shortly and I need a few ideas as what to get her? We're going out a few years and all the standard stuff has been done...perfume, jewlery, weekends away etc...any thoughts to help me out..I was think bout getting her something for her gaf as its fairly new and something for herself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭anonymous69

To be honest, I wouldnt get her something for her house, unles its really really personal. A cappucino maker, or a juicer or something of the sort is a slap in the face, seriously. Ever seen father of the bride 1??! :)

Just because you've gooten her stuff before, doesnt mean u cant get it again. Have u gotten her a necklace, earrings, ring, and bracelet?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Moved.
    Not a PI.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

<Snip>

Not helpful, this isnt AH.
    Please Read the Charter.
    c - 13

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

What we did for my sister's birthday was write 'Happy Birthday Catherine' on an A4 sheet of paper and get 250 photographs of random people from the streets of Dublin posing with the sign and then put them in a big album was class.

Something else you can do is make a face-cake: get a nice photo of her and they'll put it on a cake for you. Looks totally real, its deadly. Great fun when you're cutting the cake and you get to divvy up her bits.

If you play and instrument write her a song, it doesn't even have to be good, women can't tell the difference anyway.

Things you spent time on are always 500% more effective then stuff you buy. I will never get someone a standard greeting card, because it seems tpo me that you're limiting your display of affection for someone you love to a range that someone else has produced, it's totally impersonal.

My 2 coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have found that my wife prefers a gift that required a bit of effort and thought, rather than expense.

I heard her mention her old vinyls in passing once, so I bought her a record player and a few vinyls of albums she currently likes. Neither cost alot of money, but she was totally made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ya i might get her a bracelet or something along those lines...just wanna get something a bit different, just to make her feel really special and show how much i love her...she's really good to me and I just want to show her that its greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

How about some original artwork for her new place. Maybe something that means something to both of you. Perhaps a painting of a place that has good memories or some special significance for you both. If her place is more modern, howabout a 'popart' picture of her. I had one done for my niece and she loved it.
    http://www.thecanvasworks.ie/?gclid=CPDMhb2_oI4CFQLmlAoda1NnTQ

thanks that site is really cool. Does the pictures come out good on the canvas..what was yours like. great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That looks amazing... I'd say a picture of the 2 of you done on the canvas would be a lovely present, seeing as she has her own place. If I were living on my own, I'd love that idea, rather than just normal picture of me and my other half!

Turned out really well. I sent them a few photos and they picked the best one. I was very impressed, so was my niece.

• Advertisement

excellent, thanks for your help. Im gonna send them a coll picture of us and get itdone. She will love that, be nice in her gaf. Part one now gonna get something else and i'll be elected

Major brownie points to you !

Advertisement