Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont want to join a club

Options
  • 29-08-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I have a problem, I have been supporting rugby since I was a young, but I didn't go to a rugby school. (i actually got slagged for supporting rugby)

Normally I get tickets from a friend for the games but we have fallen out recently.

I would like tickets to the 6 nations(the triple pack of terrace tickets), but i'm not a member of a club. I dont want to play rugby, i just enjoy watching it. I am a member of the IRFU supporters club and pay my fee's every year but the obviously dont offer tickets,

Is there anyway for me to get tickets without joininga club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Say sorry..................;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Why not join a club as a pavillion member. Some senior clubs offer such membership.

Alternatively, you could join a junior club and participate as a non-playing member, perhaps assisting on game days etc. There's more to do in any club than just play the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Pavillion member of a club seems the way to go to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

anyone reccomend a club? Mary's is the nearest to me I think

Clontarf always appreciate some free money.

Old Belvedere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

bloody pimps:D

Greystones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Your better off giving your location so people can give better adivce on what club to join, but if Mary's is near you Terenure is probaly close enough aswell.

P.S What does being a memeber of the IRFU supporters club actually get you then?

But wont i need to join somewhere local? I presume if I'm a Pavillion member i'm gonna have to go to the club at some point?

A hat and poster and a hole in your wallet.

P.S What does being a memeber of the IRFU supporters club actually get you then?

Just a way of giving something back

And no you dont have to go to the club at all as a pavillion member, you are supposed to be paying for the privaledge of being able to drink in the club bar etc. Good if you are looking for a drink on good friday.

Amz wrote:
    Greystones!
    boooo!!!

(Stillorgan)

Do you even have a pavillion? Thus enabling your club to have pavillion members?

oooooooh burrrrn

No... Luckily we don't. All we have is a club run by the players, for the players. No pandering to the old boys' network here!

That because your oldest old boy is probably 47?

Ah in all fairness Stillorgan does have a great setup out there and they are always a fun side to play against. And i'm sure you lads could do a lot more with the money then some of the bigger clubs.

Ain't that the truth.

TBH, with no Autumn Series this year it'll be tough going, but we'll survive.

In Stillorgan, if you're 47 chances are you'll still get the odd game :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement