Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Vs. Kilkenny

Options
  • 29-08-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Right, this has bugged me for a while, and i've never really found out what the real reason for it is. There seems to be some kind of rivalry between Carlow people and Kilkenny people seemingly. I've only come across it in the past 2-3 years. Is it just some kind of neighbour rivalry or is it hurling related or are there just too many of them coming in to our beautiful county, taking ar jobs and wimmen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well it couldn't be hurling because there would only ever be one winner there, I don't know of any such rivarly to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I dunno what it is. From my point of view, working in retail in Kilkenny, it was Carlow people who were most troublesome - complaining, never happy etc. I used to lock up the store, and I let the last customer out of the shop, it was Carlow people who arrived after hours demanding to be let in because they "drove the whole way from Carlow".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Never sensed a rivalry between the two counties. Its certainly not a sporting thing. It may be a services rivalry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

I only see that rivarly between carlow and Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I only see that rivarly between carlow and Laois

Yes, on one hand, and between KK and Waterford on the other. Now that's what I call rivalry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Definitely there is....and it's the same with all the counies in the region. I find Laois people the most begrudgin of KK. Had many Laois work colleagues that would basically shout for 'anyone but KK'. However they seemed quite happy to work here all the same:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thats complete bull, most Carlow people I know would support KK before most other counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Em, I think if you read the post again, you'll see he's referring to Laois not Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

irish1 wrote:
    Thats complete bull, most Carlow people I know would support KK before most other counties.

So would I. Espec support Carlow in relaton to development etc. To be honest I think of carlow town as co kilkenny's second town really. They are the same county for all intense and purposes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

its the rivalry between laoise and carlow, not kk, and thats only because of the bridge and stuff with graig and what i find most people in carlow are from craig somehow!!

just so you know craig is nomans land, i refer to the council for this.
    the water is carlow, and the pipes is laoises, or the other way around. so noone knows what its in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement