Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you like to see at next year's Game Fair?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭

I would imagine that you would have one hell of a brilliant Game Fair, next year, if all the comments posted here were catered for - so here it goes:

Live ferrets & demonstration of purse nets, tips, etc.

Trick shooters to fascinate onlookers.

Decoy stand - all decoys available on the market

Calls - all types and facility to test, listen to, hear other users comments

Hides & nets - all types, different patterns / sizes available plus the new 'pop up' hides...I've never seen one of these 'in the flesh' ...hides made up to visibly see best pattern / blending in with surroundings etc.

Well that's just a few to get the thread rolling.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i think a live ferret demonstation would be excellent, telling all about how to handle, care, and work ferrets. also some nice stories from the demonstator as he does his thing is always nice to hear. it would be good to locate a ferret worker/breeder enthusiast who would be willing to have a stall just for selling ferret, talk to people and put on a show later that day. im sure there are breeders out there, if approached would love to be involved in this.

also i would have liked to see a show on falconry so i would, not a lot of people are into it i know, but i find it facinating and im sure a lot of other people would aswell.

also one of the assosiations should have really had a separate spot for very first time shooters who would be a little too shy to step up and try the clay pigeon shooting in front of all the seasoned shooters, and let them have a go at clay pigeon shooting themselves away from the rest of the fray of the competition. nothing fancy just a shotgun and a down the line shot or two for them.

when i was in england at the welsh country fair they did a firearms show from muskets onwards up to the lee enfield using people who do these battle reinactments as hobby's. it might be nice to have a show like this also, i found it very interesting.

not lot of publicity was generated for this show on the internet and newspaper etc. if the organisers maybe put more effort into this and encourage more people to bring their working lurchers and such there would also be a great show to see, as i seen on saturday, not many dogs where there to run in that show. (there were no shortages of gun dogs)

now i think j.r was right in his points he made about the stalls being geared at selling toys and such and he made a great point that gun shop stalls and fishing stalls should all be kept seperate from the other stalls that dont sell any merchadise and just have small galerys and such.

what is definitly needed is more stalls, as i found, just like j.r. said, you didnt have enough to look at stuff in peace, and if you were lucky enough to get your hands on a saleman, you could'nt chat in peace with the amount of people there, and you felt you could be wasting his time on such a busy day for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Guest shooter like Digweed.

Is that it for the year? I missed it. Anything else in the calander??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 padge hunter

There should be more stals that sell guns,people selling some good shooting dogs,a stall that sells cartiges,sell clays,clay traps,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

... and nudity, much more nudity.

Advertisement