Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap booze.

Options
  • 28-08-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Brothers, if any of you find yourselves in the North this week, Asda might be worth a visit. I was there tonight and they have 60 (SIXTY) bottles of stella or 60 (SIXTY) cans of tennents for £20.00 approx €28.00.

Hic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

I'm on me way :D

I'll get the Stella for myself, and the Tennants for people I don't like.

That really is a bargain ... makes those 1 euro cans of Warsteiner (they're everywhere) look expensive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my brother should be heading up to his missus this weekend so ill ask him to drop in, thanks for that brother smashey

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's not even 50 cent a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

330ml bottles?.

Generally the beer in N.I. is sh*t.

Anyone ever taste the Carlsberg from there?... Oh my god, its fvcking rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mairt wrote:
    330ml bottles?.

Generally the beer in N.I. is sh*t.

Anyone ever taste the Carlsberg from there?... Oh my god, its fvcking rotten.
    At less than 50c per bottle would it really matter?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Agreed NI beer sucks ass and there's a sh1t selection in pubs and off-licences. Many agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

I was up there a couple of years ago. You could get a 3 course lunch in a chinese in Antrim town for a fiver, and 24 cans of tennants for £8. I'm tempted to move up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Isn't there some mad Japanese beer you can get in Aldi? A bottle works out at about 80 cent or something. The real winner here is that it's a fairly decent beer (considering the fact that their cheaper then a can of coke).

Advertisement