Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbies

Options
  • 28-08-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

got yet more newbies to join up...imagine that!!

Anyone any suggestions for the best server to join rolling new char - especially with lower level characters (i.e. everything under 60)????

By best I mean, Irish/English time zone, English speaking dominated, nice crowd.

thanks guys,

Sur

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

join jaedenar. theirs a good few irish on it. add me its Tomass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'm on Jaedenar as well, but it's not the best for newbies imo. The population is mostly at lvl 70 and it can be hard to get groups to do low level quests. But if you do decide to join up add Lvelle to your friends and i'll give you a hand leveling up when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Ghostlands is a relatively new server (since TBC) and has plenty of lower level people to join up with. Also has some friendly guilds you can join and about 90%+ speak english

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

jadenar is **** to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

jadenar is **** to be fair

I'd have to say i'm in one of the best guilds on the server so it's a laugh.
    Still ****e server tho, we've been discussing doing a server move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

layke wrote:
    I'd have to say i'm in one of the best guilds on the server so it's a laugh.
    Still ****e server tho, we've been discussing doing a server move.

What makes it a ****e server? Come to Ghostlands, I want someone Irish to raid with. lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd recommend Agamaggan. It's a new server so you won't be the only newbie, free transfers have really boosted the population and there's a genuine comminity feel about the place. Because the server's new it might be lagging behind in PVE progress, but it more than makes up for it with the people playing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Are any of you guys under 60? I have a lvl 33 druid on Aerie Peak - thats where I was going to get my mates to join (failing any other suggestions!). But now Im curious why it is ****e???

Interested in Ghostlands and Agamaggan...what level you guys at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I'd recommend Agamaggan. It's a new server...

New? I remember making my char on that server at least over a year and a half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

layke wrote:
    I'm on Jaedenar as well, but it's not the best for newbies imo. The population is mostly at lvl 70 and it can be hard to get groups to do low level quests. But if you do decide to join up add Lvelle to your friends and i'll give you a hand leveling up when I can.

wats ur game name n ill add ya

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

tom_ass19 wrote:
    wats ur game name n ill add ya
    Lvelle is his char,
    im splinty on the same server, got a few alts on it too :)
    ahh jaednar aint too bad but the guild helps il agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Its very important that u are in a good guild.

Im thinking of changing mine due to so few on line at any one time.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd recommend Agamaggan. It's a new server so you won't be the only newbie, free transfers have really boosted the population and there's a genuine comminity feel about the place. Because the server's new it might be lagging behind in PVE progress, but it more than makes up for it with the people playing on it.
    Agamaggan's not new, but the population was like 80% Spanish before the Spanish servers opened. So for someone rolling there since the Spanish servers opened it may as well have been a new server.

I'm on Kilrogg btw... not so much levelling going on any more, but if you're there feel free to poke Lakirby (70 pally) or Lakeisha (lowbie shadowpriest).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Okay, I'll admit I had a hissy fit and slated the game but being out for so long and having NOTHING to do in the evenings during work nights has drawn me back to my 'WTF PAWN MAGE' and my 'loladin'

come to emeriss, method/fusion battling it out in the pve quest for glory what more can you say :D

I'm in snake-eyes myself, currently hogging through ssc, hoping to hit bt in around...........wellll.....................we'll see :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

You should so try prot sunzz...

I was hating my paladin with a fiery vengeance until I respec'd prot to do Netherstorm (for some reason) and just started picking up prot gear.

I made about 1300 gold altogether in the process and collected some decent gear.

I've been going strong ever since. I dont mind healing on fights where I'm not tanking, because I know afterwards... I'm still a tank and not some single-button-bashing-infinite-mana-bleeping-heal-bot.

Its quite a liberating feeling :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Hey Ivan I was thinking about it, I was going to do it this weekend, did it take you long to pick up the gear?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sha'tar is relatively new, I think a lot of the people are nice too
    I'm just at 40 now
    It's RP - duno if everyone prefers pvp or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im on kazzak, its a pvp server full pop with majority english speaking.

Its the number one server in the world fact, with 4 of the top 5 guilds in the world competing on it.

Joining the new servers and getting to lvl 70, youll find it tough doing end game cause no one has a clue, your best of joining an established server.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

im on kazzak, its a pvp server full pop with majority english speaking.

Its the number one server in the world fact, with 4 of the top 5 guilds in the world competing on it.

Joining the new servers and getting to lvl 70, youll find it tough doing end game cause no one has a clue, your best of joining an established server.

Cool info DM thanks for that!! I've posted elsewhere that I never tried to rush to end-game...hence first character is only lvl 33, I was still slowly leveling before I left. Was walking down grafton st and, god help me, in a momentof weekness I bought TBC. Last night loaded wow on new laptop (took hours!) and tonight will load TBC. then I just have to stay away till exams over mid-october....then it will own me!!! For a while :))

How/where do you get the server stats?? While it would be great to be on the world best server...it really means too experienced players all running fo the end does it not? One of the things that got me bored with it in the first place. Still thinking perhaps aggamagan is good. Heard good stuff bout jaedennar (sp) too

Advertisement