Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit affecting pension..how come?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi my father is 71 and receiving his pension (has been receiving since 65),my mum has been on illness benefit for the past 15 mths,but when she started on the illness benefit my fathers pension was affected by a reduction of 80 euro p/w,basically hes wants to know why? i couldnt find any info on the net... (This Q might be suited to mrs.mcguyver) :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Is this a non-contributory pension (means tested) or a contributory one (based on stamps)?. Is she getting any top up from her employer while on the illness benefit? Was he being paid for her before she went on the Illlness Benefit? Once i know the above i can look in to it and post back here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Is this a non-contributory pension (means tested) or a contributory one (based on stamps)?. Is she getting any top up from her employer while on the illness benefit? Was he being paid for her before she went on the Illlness Benefit? Once i know the above i can look in to it and post back here!

Yes he is receiving contributory pension based on stamps,no she is not receiving any top up from her employer....no he was not being paid for before illness benefit as she was working,sorry it took me so long to reply i was away on holidays...thanks

Advertisement