Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting experience with UPS - Compensation due?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I ordered a new camera off Pixmania, which I need for work, and I paid extra to get it posted within 24-48 hours

I paid on Sat the 18th but the first delivery attempt wasn't made until Thursday the 23rd

I was in work at 2 on Thursday, and they came at 2.50 so they left a docket saying that they'd come at the same time tomorrow [Friday]

but they came at 10am on Friday so I missed it again

10am isn't even close to 2.50pm!

So obviously theres no deliveries on the weekend, so the 2nd docket said around the same time on Monday

but by 5PM Monday I got no package or contact, so i called customer services, as I'd gotten no call about the further delay

they said they needed directions to my house, even though they'd been here twice already

so the woman said it was all sorted, took my number, said the driver would have it and I'd get it in the morning [today]

I sat in my sitting room all day from 9.30am til 6.30pm staring out the window and noone came

I called back again for the 5th time just before 6 and again they said they couldn't check why it wasn't delivered

So they're gonna come tomorrow, but cant guarantee a time. they said they put a message for someone to call me in the mornin before 10. If they dont call and I miss the package [ill be in work at 2 to 6] it will be delivered to me in work on Thursday, as drivers only have one chance a day to get it right

I think its absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional how they work

They said the drivers dont have phones because "they dont want to be contacted"

Not their choice! they're one of the biggest international couriers in the world, close to DHL and Fedex. theres absolutely no reason why their employers shouldn't be able to contact them

I'm absolutely disgusted that I wasted a day. I had so much to do, and family are over on holidays

Mon and Tues are my only days off and I wasted them waiting for a package I was promised could arrive

Does anyone think im due any sort of compensation or is it my own tough sh!te?????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Charge back the full price of the camera/delivery to your credit card ( for non delivery as arranged ) and let UPS and Pixmania sort it between them.

Ring your bank now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Can I do that??

I contacted Pixmania and they said they're in the process of refunding my postage costs

nothing about compensation for the stupid unexplained delays, and nothing about trying to reconcile the problem with UPS from their end

its says on the UPS site that you can make a claim abt packages not delivered when promised, but the compensation goes back to the sender, which would be pixmania

How would I go about doing a chargeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I deal with UPS every day at work. They are beyond useless. Best thing to do, is contact pixmania and cancel the order.
    If they are anything like my company, they'll refund the money and claim from UPS for losing/not delivering the product.

I cant cancel the order as the camera has been dispatched, and Pixmania wont issue any refunds until the item is back with them

its a loada me bo||ix tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

ah thats terriable, i do have to say that my delivery i ordered from china on thursday came on monday, got it faster than if i posted something in ireland, but i was annoyed over a different issue of customs and vat on shipping cost lol,

i think they contract out the deliveries to people who own vans, the chap that delivered mine from ups looks like he worked for himself out of his own van

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

unreggd, they are offering to refund your postage cost which should be acceptable.
    This can I get compo culture is starting to get out of hand.
    Granted they said it would be delivered in 2days and it wasn't, it's hardly ruined your life.

Accept getting the cost of postage back and if you're still unhappy just don't order from them again.

Why didn't you get it delivered to work?

They said theyd refund €5 of the €20 postage I paid

Changing the original address adds a 2 day delay

It hasnt ruined my life but certainly my week

They will fight you all the way on this. I worked there for 5 years and the motto there was "see if they can afford a better layer then us"
    I wouldnt mind the amount of times people were charged just by making an enquirery. Your name goes on the system and then you are charged for somebody elses delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Noelie wrote:
    unreggd,
    Why didn't you get it delivered to work?

Thats what i was thinking, anytime i order something online i get it delivered
    to work. there's no need to take a day off work and sit at home plus
    if im not in work at the time then the recption just signs for it and i can
    collect it at my leisure. Ive order 3 or 4 items from Pixmania this way
    and never had any issues.

plus i dont thinks its posted within 24-48 hours,
    i believe its delivered within 24-48 hours hence it not being posted until thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1. Its much better to get stuff delivered at work
    2. Always put your mobile number down as contact no, the courier has it printed on the pack and rings ahead usually. UPS (no less) rang me last week on their way out and delivered to me on the side of a road 2 mins later....by arrangement :D

Having said that the OP has paid for a package including camera and delivery and not got it, the OP has been housebound for 2 days .

Charge it all back . Do not accept delivery. Its the only way these people will learn.

• Advertisement

I've been googlin

found some actual email addresses, one boss, a manager and a supervisor

I shall be emailin them today

All I want is a full refund on all the postage as it was fvcked up so bad

Its bein delivered to work today, unless they just randomly dont do it like on monday and tuesday

The driver had my number from the get go

and again, they set up an investigation to find the lost package, yet nobody contacted me to say it was found

A truly pants website [Pixmania] complimented by a crappy courier [UPS]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

unreggd wrote:
    I've been googlin

found some actual email addresses, one boss, a manager and a supervisor

I shall be emailin them today

All I want is a full refund on all the postage as it was fvcked up so bad

Its bein delivered to work today, unless they just randomly dont do it like on monday and tuesday

The driver had my number from the get go

and again, they set up an investigation to find the lost package, yet nobody contacted me to say it was found

A truly pants website [Pixmania] complimented by a crappy courier [UPS]

The crux of the Problem is the address information you put in. Your address mightn't be on their database.

The Apple Store use UPS and they offer an extremely good service.

Anyway, you UPS package was insured, you'll get a refund from Pixmania once they verify the package was lost by UPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mayowest

True story that happened to me few years ago :
    UPS sales rep comes to my company three times a year trying to prise our business from the excellent DHL.
    One day I crack and decide to give them a go. I have a volumetric weight pack for Virginia USA. I ring UPS, explain that their sales guy wants our business, I'm willing to give them a try and I get quoted Euro 150ish. I ring trusty DHL who quote Euro 120ish (and no, we were not a big customer). Amazed at the price difference, I call back the same girl in UPS, tell her the difference and she says (and I quote) "Well, you can f**k off back to DHL." Gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Pixmania, What a shower of idiots. I ordered 4 items in May. They charged me twice. They sent the stuff out to me late, it got stroked in DHL. They sent the gear again, stroked in DHL again. Then they sent the 3rd package to spain by mistake. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. They have been giving me back money in dribs and drabs ever since. It started of costing me €600. They still owe me €181 but they have stopped answering emails. F**k sake lads, life is too short for that kind of a carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Noelie wrote:
    This can I get compo culture is starting to get out of hand.
    You're right. Next, we'll be looking for salaries.

There are a whole bunch of companies that do the same. Many use excellent technology to be able to pin point where the driver is, send you automated text confirmation, etc. However they all have one thing in common. Taking a day off work is not a big deal in their eyes, and no one can be contacted, despite all the technology, when things go wrong. Fedex, UPS, DHL, GLS (lots), NTL, Diamond Living, oh the list goes on.

You'll have to allow Pixmania a reasonable amount of time to resolve the matter (delivering to your work address would, IMO, be a reasonable resolution) before the CC company would process a charge-back. I'm guessing the T&C of UPS would include a best-effort clause (i.e. 2-day delivery not guaranteed at all, despite the premium), and that all delivery times are estimates only; thus practically ruling out compensation.

If you become the test case on this, I'll be chipping in a fiver towards the costs!

Advertisement