Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogue Tree Build

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Basically ive f'd up majorly on my talent tree. Ive started doing bg's and I want a good pvp tree. I spent ages last night looking up different tree's on google but didnt find the right one i wanted to suit me. Basically im looking for a tree that will give me high crit and good with stealth aswell. I use dagger in main and sword in off hand coz i like to use backstab and ambush but which is the rite way to go for best crit...both swords or both daggers. any rogues out their if you could tell me what to do i would appreciate. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Daggers is best for pvp iirc..

i've only ever really been combat swords but..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fbe0REMkizVoGcV0bV is a good one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

DRakE wrote:
    Daggers is best for pvp iirc..

i've only ever really been combat swords but..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fbe0REMkizVoGcV0bV is a good one :o

nice build however i dont see the point in having a longer gouge time when your deadly poisons are gonna break the stun anyway, and the 3 seconds i think it already is, is time enough to jump behind target for a mutilate, just make sure you have the enrgy saved up. So id put the points from that into dodge instead. And seeing as how mutilate is badass for giving combo points i dont see the point in having imp sinister strike. so maybe put the points from that too into dodge. Whatever floats your boat though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

In BGs I would never, ever use Deadly poison for that very reason. Usually in BG CS and KS are your friend. Deadly is more a Boss/grinding poison. Yes it does most damage but in a BG your tactics are different
    I would always use Crippling and Wound in a BG. Crippling for obvious reasons and Instant for the immediate damage hit.
    That way gouge and KS, key BG rogue moves can be used.

Now I qualify all of the above by saying I am not a particularly good PVPer so if someone wants to completely blow that out of the water by all means do. I also often use a combo of crippling and mind numbing as rogues usually target clothies!

Best PVP builds are either heavy in Assassination or Subtlety. So either get Mutilate or Shadowstep with all of the Stealth enhancements you can get!

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeh i'd never use deadly poison but wasnt there a patch not too long ago that stopped deadly poison ticks breaking stun? maybe i'm insane but i seem to remember it...

now my rogue is only an alt and i do sweet f all pvp but i'd MH instant poison with crippling on the offhand for shiv.. i love shiv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ummm i didnt use deadly posion myself when i had my mutilate build, however i also didnt max out vile poisons as i dont like envenom. Maybe when i get my rogue alt to 70 and get shiv it might be more managable to execute. But now ill just stick with my combat dagger build, which im finding quite fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

DRakE wrote:
    Yeh i'd never use deadly poison but wasnt there a patch not too long ago that stopped deadly poison ticks breaking stun? maybe i'm insane but i seem to remember it...

now my rogue is only an alt and i do sweet f all pvp but i'd MH instant poison with crippling on the offhand for shiv.. i love shiv :D
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that since Maim (druid equivalent of gouge) doesnt break on dots, Rogues QQ'd and safely procured the same effect for gouge...

So, in short, Gouge does not break on deadly poison anymore.

And wounding MH, crippling offhand is teh win, imho.

Advertisement