Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NarcoDollars, the CIA, Wall St. and Politicians. Extremely disturbing.

Options
  • 28-08-2007 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Don't read this if you want to maintain a rose-tinted half-baked view of the world order.

Dillon Read & Co. Inc. and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits

I'm still finding it hard to accept such a dire vista as entirely true, the mind just doesn't want to deal with it. Like many I've long seen through the lies of capitalism to the truth of elitism, but seeing the diabolical subterfuge of illegal machinations on such a scale exposed by an insider still has the power of a shocking revelation.

It's becoming clear that these people could actually pump and dump the entire world economy for a quick buck and turn nations into fascist police states to establish permanent domination. Before now I thought they'd never do that, my logic was there's no point because it would destroy opportunities for future profits, but I'm beginning to realise I was wrong, they're trying to do it right now and making progress.

Comments

Seeing the diabolical subterfuge of illegal machinations on such a scale shocked me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭banaman

Read "Crossing the Rubicon" by Michael Ruppert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Watch..

google video:

outfoxed
    hacking democracy
    civil liberties in wartime (napolitano)
    the power of nightmares
    the truth and lies of 911
    money, banking, and the federal reserve
    the founding of the federal reserve (rothbard)
    the military industrial complex (eisenhower)
    the end of dollar hegemony
    ha ha ha america

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

democrates wrote:
    Don't read this if you want to maintain a rose-tinted half-baked view of the world order.

Dillon Read & Co. Inc. and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits

too long, didn't read.
    sumarise please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Haven't read the above link yet, and going slightly off-topic, but I read somewhere years ago that the ECB decided to issue a €500 note when introducing the € so the Russian mafia would switch their cash reserves from US$ to €.

Anyone know if there's any truth in that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think there might be other reasons the ECB would issue a €500 note. And I imagine it has to do with convenience for large transactions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Ibid wrote:
    I think there might be other reasons the ECB would issue a €500 note. And I imagine it has to do with convenience for large transactions.

Isn't that partially his point? That the Mafia would be most likely to conduct large transactions in cash?

I don't believe the rumour, by the way, just saying that you're kind of missing the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Zebra3 wrote:
    Haven't read the above link yet, and going slightly off-topic, but I read somewhere years ago that the ECB decided to issue a €500 note when introducing the € so the Russian mafia would switch their cash reserves from US$ to €.

Anyone know if there's any truth in that? :confused:

I doubt it. The Germans like large notes. They had a DM1000 note which was almost exactly 500 euro.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Not a de Rigeur summary the Rigger, but some highlights and a silver lining.

From http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0405/S00268.htm about the financial coup d'etat of missing trillions:
    What was happening annually, starting in 1995, the Federal government, the auditors underneath the auspices of each agency’s Inspector General, would come forward and say, “This year we could or could not produce audited financial statements, ... and part of the reason is that we have undocumentable adjustments of $59 billion or whatever the number was.” And so in this annual sweep up whereby the individual Inspector Generals would report into the Secretary of the Treasury and to the General Accounting Office (which is the auditor for Congress), it would come in through this annual sweep, and they would come in and say, “OK, we can’t produce audited financial statements, and we have this much of undocumentable adjustments.” At some point after the numbers got really crazy, they just decided after 9-11 to stop reporting them.
    ---

What we do know is that under the laws of the Constitution, which say money cannot be spent unless it is appropriated. It is essentially a violation of the Constitution to do that, with one exception. And this is where the black budget comes up. There are provisions under the National Security Act of 1947 and the CIA Act of 1949 for military and military intelligence to crawl money from outside of different agencies’ budgets, and spend it on non-transparent purposes.
    It was the day before 9/11 that Rumsfeld announced that $2.3 Trillion was 'unaccounted' for at the DoD.

The plunder is endemic, happening at the local government level too, for example flood insurance for buildings which are on a hill and have never been flooded, there are hundreds upon thousands of ways to take tax which is supposed to benefit local communities and hand it to private interests instead.

Chapter 4.Excerpt On narcoDollars and Iran/Contra
    Gary Webb's "Dark Alliance" story documenting the explosion of cocaine coming from Latin America into South Central Los Angeles during the 1980s was originally published by the San Jose Mercury News in the summer of 1996 and then published in book form in 1998. The story and its supporting documentation was persuasive that the U.S. government and their allies in the Contras were involved in narcotics trafficking targeted at American children and communities.
    ---

In response to citizen concern inspired by Webb's story, then Director of the CIA, John Deutsch, agreed to attend a town hall meeting in South Central Los Angeles with local Congressional representatives in November 1996. Confronted by allegations in support of Webb's story, Deutsch promised that the CIA Inspector General would investigate the "Dark Alliance" allegations.

This resulted in a two volume report published by the CIA in March and October of 1998 that included disclosure of one of the most important legal documents of the 1980s, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the CIA dated February 11, 1982 in effect until August 1995.
    ---

No history of the 1980s is complete without an understanding of the lawyers and legal mechanisms used to legitimize drug dealing and money laundering under the protection of National Security law. Through the MOU, the DOJ relieved the CIA of any legal obligation to report information of drug trafficking and drug law violations with respect to CIA agents, assets, non-staff employees and contractors.
    ---

With the DOJ-CIA Memorandum of Understanding, in effect from 1982 until rescinded in August 1995, a crack cocaine epidemic ravaged the poorer communities of America and disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of poor people into prison who, now classified as felons, were safely off of the voting roles. Meantime, the U.S. financial system gorged on what had grown to an estimated $500 billion-$1 trillion a year of money laundering by the end of the 1990s. Not surprisingly, the rich got richer as corporate power and the concentration of investment capital skyrocketed on the rich margins of state sanctioned criminal enterprise.
    There's yet another picture emerging now. Several EU states have been trying to bring a case against RJR Nabisco for money laundering. Local interest excerpt:
    The RJR DEFENDANTS sold cigarettes and laundered criminal proceeds through a series of cut outs located in Ireland and Belgium. An example of such a moneylaundering scheme is set forth below.

81. The RJR DEFENDANTS maintained as direct customers two companies called Willbrook Trading Ltd. and Glenpower Ltd. These were Irish companies based at the same address in Dublin, Ireland. They both maintained Swiss bank accounts at the same Swiss bank. Even though these companies ostensibly purchased RJR cigarettes through third-party distributors, they were direct customers of RJR and were serviced directly by RJR employees.
    It strikes me as dubious why the RoI is not party to the action given the extent of drug activity through our country, but then recall our governments iron opposition to pursuing the company responsible for providing contaminated blood products (illegally sourced from US prisoners) despite the offer of no win/no fee legal representation from a reputable US law firm with several succesful actions against the same entity for the same reasons to its credit.

If we were dealing with isolated incidents then it makes sense to deal with each one properly, but there's a can of worms there that makes all of our tribunals combined seem like a tiff about sweets pilfered from a school tuck shop. Given how high it goes and that we're up to our necks depending on US FDI patronage it sure looks like a pursuit with a potentially high price.

Anyway, Ch9 & 10 go into the War on Drugs, Operation Safe Home, mandatory sentencing and the privatisation of prisons. Many deserve to be in prison, but an awful lot of the 2 million Americans in these prisons are there for non-violent crimes, eg possession, and put to work for commercial entities. Why create legitimate jobs in poor communities when you can blanket them with drugs then slap the fallen fools in irons, profit from billing the taxpayer for their food and lodgings, profit from their labour, and even their blood. It sure looks like slavery for slow learners. The Welfare to Work program smells like a similar predation, mostly poor blacks providing labour to rich whites with the taxpayer subsidising wages.

But wait, there's more! The department of housing and urban development (HUD) uses taxes to finance loans for poor people to buy family homes. When they can't pay due to imprisonment or hardship (eg $5/h on welfare to work) the homes are repossessed and the way is paved to 'redevelop'. The poor are thereby moved out and into prisons, trailer parks, or the street, while the land in their community is passed on to the better off. "Why *are* we outside Ted?"

In all of these and other machinations you see the same people pop up from Iran/Contra to Cornell Corrections, Bechtel, Halliburton and Subsidiaries, the Harvard Endowment, Wall St, Politicians, and holders of key government positions from the CIA to Fannie Mae.

Railing against Bush or the Republican party is missing the point, this web of corruption is bi-partisan. The class war mongers have one loyalty only, to wholesale plunder. The banner of "national security" has been dropped and "National Interests" has taken it's place, i.e. elite private interests. Intelligence gathering is at their disposal enabling industrial espionage, as well as CIA black-ops, trillions of pilfered dollars and drug money to manipulate markets and make even more, politicians to change the laws to suit, and private media to fear monger and spin it all in the context of the wars on drugs and terror.

On the upside these kinds of revelations have prompted many decent people to fall into despair. I haven't gone over to the dark side, it's good because thats step 1 of the recovery program. Bright people are working on practical alternatives, there are many and Catherine Austin Fitts (the author of the story this thread refers to) has started Solari Circles http://www.solari.com/ which sets forth some very interesting options. Where would we be without d'internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

flogen wrote:
    Isn't that partially his point? That the Mafia would be most likely to conduct large transactions in cash?
    He said that they produced €500 notes so that the Russian Mafia would hold their reserves in Euro. This may of course happen/have happened, but I don't think it would have ever crossed their mind, ne'ermind influenced the decision on denominations.

So no, I'm not missing the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

With the goings on in the last few months with the credit crunch brought by sub prime market investment vehicle I remembered this post, thought it was worth resurrecting. It took me about two weeks at the time to get through the entire article, heavy going but definitely puts much of what's happening today into some sort of context.

Does anybody know much about the Solari group that she set up subsequently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

With the goings on in the last few months with the credit crunch brought by sub prime market investment vehicle I remembered this post, thought it was worth resurrecting. It took me about two weeks at the time to get through the entire article, heavy going but definitely puts much of what's happening today into some sort of context.

Does anybody know much about the Solari group that she set up subsequently?
    Looks like they're busy doing business, they give lectures and investment advice. The updates section seems to be the most lively part of the site, and to join solari circles you just sign up for email updates, then it's up to you to engage or follow the "coming clean" prescription.

I noticed a brief article on sub-prime -
    Sub-Prime Mortgage Woes Are No Accident
    In 1995, a senior Clinton Administration official shared with me the Administration's targets for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage volumes in low- and moderate-income communities. We had recently reviewed the Administration’s plans to increase government mortgage guarantees — most of these mortgages would also be pooled and sold as securities to investors. Even in 1995, I could see that these plans would create unserviceable debt loads in communities struggling with the falling incomes expected from globalization. Homeowners would default on mortgages while losses on mortgage-backed securities would drain retirement savings from 401(k)s and pension plans. Taxpayers would ultimately be hit with a large bill . . . but insiders would make a bundle.

I looked at the official and said that the Administration was planning on issuing more mortgages than there were houses or residents. “Shut up, this is none of your business,” the official snapped back.

Recently, we have seen numerous press accounts of bank and hedge fund losses from sub-prime mortgages. Remarkably, these reports imply that the losses are the result of a market downturn or contracting credit cycle. But there has been no mention of the extraordinary profits that were generated or who reaped them. There is no mention of who is poised to make a fortune on the bubble collapse. Even the most sophisticated commentators of our day are describing this financial coup d'etat as the unintentional consequence of "market forces."

To help the Solari network survive and thrive, I have written and spoken about the intentional engineering of the U.S. housing bubble and its ramifications for Americans and global investors. "Do not attempt to cure what you do not understand" is our motto for navigating the gathering storm. As we work to mitigate investment losses in the mortgage market and the harm done to communities through the fraudulent inducement of debt, we are well served to understand what has happened, who is benefiting, and why. The following resources will help.
    source: http://www.solari.com/news/announcements/08-07-07/

It's a question for us in Ireland too, was there any engineering of our housing bubble? Have we had excessive debt inducement? If we follow the money, who are the winners and losers?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Politics.

Advertisement