Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxendales.ie

Options
  • 28-08-2007 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I bought 2 items of clothing on oxendales.ie that were down as been free on their website. I got the itmes and the printed invoice said they were also completly free which was nearly 10 days after the order was placed. Yesterday I went into my account on thier website and noticed that they had made 2 adjustments on my account of €102 each which I think is for the 2 items.

My question is if it said they were free and I have emails and invoices proving this can they make me pay as the ajustems to say anything about thoese items but looks like them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

bump.

I really need advise on this can anboy please help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

My take is that they were wrong to charge you.
    If they had noticed the error prior to shipping they would have been within their rights to tell you and offer you the choice of paying up or declining.
    But to charge a card without getting prior approval is wrong in my opinion.

My recommendation
    - Talk to your bank first to verify the charge actually came from Oxendales (if this is not clear from your credit card statement)
    - Talk to Oxendales, explain your point of view and politely explain that you expect a refund
    - If no joy there talk to your bank to reverse the charges on the credit card or http://www.consumerconnect.ie/ for further help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Thanks for that I have contaced the comsumer agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

jjbrien wrote:
    I bought 2 items of clothing on oxendales.ie that were down as been free on their website. I got the itmes and the printed invoice said they were also completly free which was nearly 10 days after the order was placed. Yesterday I went into my account on thier website and noticed that they had made 2 adjustments on my account of €102 each which I think is for the 2 items.

My question is if it said they were free and I have emails and invoices proving this can they make me pay as the ajustems to say anything about thoese items but looks like them?
    In fairness you were being sneaky by ordering something that you knew shouldn't be free but I cannot see how they can get the goods back from you or charge you for them. Did they charge them to your credit card or just put minus 204 in your account? If they charged you then you can claim that you did not agree to pay that price for the goods that you made the offer of zero euro (invitation to treat) which they accepted but you might have to return the goods in order for your credit card to backcharge. The only thing I am not sure of is there was no consideration (money) involved in the contract for sale thus was the contract valid? Either way if they havent charged your credit card then I wouldnt worry about it.

Advertisement