Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Stadium Business Park (near Blanch) via public transport?

Options
  • 27-08-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a job interview coming up with a company at the Stadium Business Park. I have no car so would be relying on public transport. I would be able to get the train to Coolmine or Castleknock but is there any buses from there that would get be to the Stadium Business Park?

Thanks

Nala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The 40D and 220 pass close by that business park but they do not go near any rail stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

John R wrote:
    The 40D and 220 pass close by that business park but they do not go near any rail stations.
    The 220 goes to and from Ballymun only.

You could try the 40D from Parnell Street and get off in the vicinity of Cappoge Cottages. It shouldn't be too far from there.

(The train/bus option may be a bit messy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Both buses pass by the Stadium Business park if you take the entrance in Ballycoolin direction. (beside big roundabout)
    Check times in morning if they go that way as sometimes it don't go up the Ballycoolin road(pre 8am) despite it does for rest of day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Cool, Irish Rail say on their website that bus stops for the 37, 38 and 237 are near Coolmine and Castleknock stations, how near do these go to the business park? Wish i had a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

None of those go near the business park. You could get the train to Coolmine, walk up the road to Clonsilla Road and hope on a 220 that is heading for Ballymun. It goes past the business park, not many 220's go up the Clonsilla Road though. Your best bet would be to get the train to Drumcondra Station, walk to Whitworth Road and hop on a 40D heading for Tyrellstown. There's a stop outside the business park on Ballycoolin Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

If you get off in Castleknock and walk over the hill into Castleknock Village (past the Laurel Lodge Turnoff) you have the option of a 37 and a 38 (but not an A).

What I would do is walk from Castleknock Station into Blanchardstown Village (it's not that far) and get a taxi from the taxi company near Gino's fisn and chips. Think they are D15 taxis. 8151515 is the phone number. Have used them a few times and found most reliable. Shouldn't be more than a tenner and you'll arrive less stressed and in time.

I think as well there's a 'private' bus (Alan Martin or URbus) that runs scheduled services towards the airport from Castleknock Station (there's a stop just outside the station) which might help.

I'd budget for more time to get there than you think. I'm working from home this afternoon (don't you just love broadband) and the traffic on the Ballycoolin Road was awful

The URBus doesn't go anywhere near Stadium Business Park and it's dangerous to walk those back roads, trucks speed down the regularly as well as busses. The taxi option is viable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

ok well for the sake of a taxi fare i would definitely go for it

Nala wrote:
    Cool, Irish Rail say on their website that bus stops for the 37, 38 and 237 are near Coolmine and Castleknock stations, how near do these go to the business park? Wish i had a car.

As said above, only 40D and 220 go by the business park, don't walk on that ballycoolin road unless you want to get knocked down(no footpath) and like walking in big puddles on a narrow road enjoyed by trucks!.

40D is the frequent service, 220 is like once an hour if your lucky.

The idea of the Drumcondra connection is probably the better and safer option for you, either that or a taxi as described by amtc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The URBus doesn't go anywhere near Stadium Business Park and it's dangerous to walk those back roads, trucks speed down the regularly as well as buses.
    I used to cycle that road everyday back in the mid 90s - and it was narrower back then. Even now it is a bit of a scary road but having lots of hi-viz gear and lights on the bike ensures that drivers see you.

I found a clear map of the area. The 40D and 220 go by Cappagh Hospital, then Stadium Business Park and continue on Ballycoolin Road.
    IIRC the 38 routes would only get you to the National Aquatic Centre.

Aside, the Dublin Bus A-Z Finder incorrectly states that the 220 is the only one that serves the business park. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

daymobrew wrote:
    I used to cycle that road everyday back in the mid 90s - and it was narrower back then. Even now it is a bit of a scary road but having lots of hi-viz gear and lights on the bike ensures that drivers see you.

I found a clear map of the area. The 40D and 220 go by Cappagh Hospital, then Stadium Business Park and continue on Ballycoolin Road.
    IIRC the 38 routes would only get you to the National Aquatic Centre.

Aside, the Dublin Bus A-Z Finder incorrectly states that the 220 is the only one that serves the business park. :rolleyes:

I got the bus down that road twice a day for six years and I still don't like it! You see people walking down it sometimes but I would still advise against it as there are sharp corners and blind spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Get the 40D there is a stop that is at most a five minute walk from the business park with no narrow roads to use. When you seen Whelans warehouse on the right, you need the next stop. Tell the driver, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to point it out to you, the drivers on the 40D are very good and will often even stop right outside the business park if asked.

Get the 40D there is a stop that is at most a five minute walk from the business park.
    It's bad form that there isn't a stop right outside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

Well considering the park entrance is right off a roundabout, do you expect the bus to stop in the middle of a roundabout? The stop is outside the business park, it's just a small walk to the actual entrance.

Well considering the park entrance is right off a roundabout, do you expect the bus to stop in the middle of a roundabout? The stop is outside the business park, it's just a small walk to the actual entrance.
    The roundabout is quite a wide one and there is space for a bus stop layby. If it is just a small walk to the actual entrance then fair enough, but you said it was a 5 min. Is there a footpath?

/me is constantly frustrated at how far vulnerable road users (pedestrians and cyclists) are down the list of local authority priorities.

It's not a five minute walk it's more of a two minute walk and there is a footpath also. So it's not dangerous at all. (There's only a footpath heading towards Finglas though... but there's a little bit of concrete that serves as a bus stop going the other way.)

Just to clarify, the footpath is in an enclave, you cannot walk to the stadium bus. park on a path coming from either direction, you must walk on the narrow road first.
    Hence the bus will bring you to the footpath instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Robertius

I have been to Stadium business park today and the 40d goes through the business park. So you might be able to ask the driver to stop somewhere near the company you wish to visit. ( I managed to do so )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Robertius wrote: »
    I have been to Stadium business park today and the 40d goes through the business park. So you might be able to ask the driver to stop somewhere near the company you wish to visit. ( I managed to do so )

This a temporary measure while the Ballycoolin Road is upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Robertius

In that case, the nearest stop is on the bridge over the M50. So add a 10minute walk to the business park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 speedyfos

hr
    FOR A TAXI CAB TO THE AIRPORT, STATIONS, CITY or LOCAL - CALL US FOR A PROMPT, FAST AND FRIENDLY SERVICE.ON 0872780088
    CAB COVER Taxi Cabs Servicing Castleknock, Carpenterstown, Blanchardstown, Clonsilla, Clonee, Dunboyne, Ongar, Mulhuddart, Hartstown, Huntstown, Corduff, Ballycoolin, Tyrrelstown, Hollystown, Ashtown, Rathbourne, Navan Rd and all of Dublin 15.
    Servicing Stadium Business Park.ALL THE BUSINESS PARKS IN BLANCHARDSTOWN D15 ### ###### PH 0872780088 ##################### PH0872780088
    Nala wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a job interview coming up with a company at the Stadium Business Park. I have no car so would be relying on public transport. I would be able to get the train to Coolmine or Castleknock but is there any buses from there that would get be to the Stadium Business Park?

Thanks

Nala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 speedyfos

if you can not get there go to taxi rank at the blanchardstown center the driver will know were it is

Advertisement