Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuner losing presets

Options
  • 27-08-2007 2:27pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an old but well loved and very good Sony tuner which has served me well:)

Unfortunately it is no longer retaining the presets which is a nuisance particularly as it is one of those rare tuners which will allow you to programme the stations for use with a timer.

Anybody know if the problem is easily fixable? Any chance it is only a matter of changing a battery:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

As far as I know most sony tuners used a lithium battery located internally on the circuit board to hold the presets while the unit was powered down. If your unit is a few years old then this battery may have lost its power and a result the tuner is not holding presets.
    If you feel competent to do it you could open the unit and have a look for the batter and replace it yourself. Most likely a CR2025 or CR2032 3V lithium battery.
    If not somebody like BAVS on 01 4624855 would do it for you.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement