Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owen Wilson attempts suicide

Options
  • 27-08-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Lots of reports this morning that Owen Wilson was hospitalised yesterday evening after cutting one of his wrists and taking an indeterminate number of pills.

See Perez, Variety, and Fox News, amongst others.

Very shocking if it's true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That's a bit mad. :( Wonder what set it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

It is sad!

According to perez, his own brother found him and he's now undergoing treatment in a LA hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I have to say i'd be a bit devastated to hear that. I love Owen Wilson he's fantastic. so entertaining. i wonder why he's wanna do that.....suppose it creeps up on ya sometimes....very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I guess he finally realised he just isn't funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Ah thats not on! I like hima lot and reckon hes funny. thats sad alright I wonder what was going on in his personal life if its true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

That's awful news:(

I met him in Central Pk earlier on in the summer. He joined in a game of football with the rest of us and was just like one of the lads, very down to earth...I'm really shocked by this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

didnt see that one coming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

Ah, the poor lad. I wonder what made him do it...?
    Hope he recovers ;[

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Perez has the text of the very brief statement that Owen Wilson released this afternoon: “I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time”.

Hmmmm. V vague.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

it's sad

hope it's not a publicity stunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He's a fairly big star whos in about 500 films per year, he hardly needs any publicity stunts.

New York Post is reporting that Wilson had a big fight with an unidentified friend before he apparently made the suicide attempt. It's a long article but here's the intro:
    August 28, 2007 -- A distraught Owen Wilson was found bloodied and dazed after trying to commit suicide by overdosing on pills and slitting his wrist in the wake of a bitter blowup with a close pal, a source told The Post yesterday.

The tow-haired, Tinsel town hunk was discovered at home by a stunned family member Sunday.

"It's hard. He's such a wonderful person," one source said. "He's such a great guy and so smart and just . . . nice. We're just hoping he gets better."

Wilson - who was listed in stable condition at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles - released a statement through his representative requesting privacy.

It's been confirmed that it definitely was a suicide attempt. Extratv.com got the log from the police department which lists the reason for the call out to Wilson's home as an attempted suicide.

I've been reading up lots of stuff about Owen Wilson today for a newspaper article I'm doing, and the more I read, the more shocking and unexpected this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I heard that it was something to do with his ex gf Kate Hudson spotted out with another guy and he couldn't deal with it ... dunno how true that is.

Awful sad though, poor lad hope he's ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

wow did not see that one coming

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd rather it was reported as a cry for help, than a suicide attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

still very shocking though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I can't think of any appropriate way to bring this in, but it's the first thing that crossed my mind when I read about this today and I can't shake it... So... Apologies, but need to share;

Owen Wilson's brother Luke making a similar, pleasantly more fictional, attempt in The Royal Tenembaums (somewhat graphic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU

US Weekly magazine is saying that as well as having depression, he's also addicted to cocaine and heroin.

• Advertisement

"Im reading don't kill myself books" - That line in Wedding Crashers won't be even close to funny anymore.

Sad, hope he gets himself together, i like him.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well if the reports of him taking OxyContin and crystal meth toether is true, he's really in the crap. Nasty stuff mixed..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see that Courtney Love Cnut is blaming Steve Coogan's friendship with Wilson for his problems, what a dope she is! If Owen knows you then we can see where he got the ideas for drugs and suicide.

Snake!

Nunu wrote:
    That's awful news:(

I met him in Central Pk earlier on in the summer. He joined in a game of football with the rest of us and was just like one of the lads, very down to earth...I'm really shocked by this!
    I played football with him in Central Park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

That's really sad news, he's funny as hell and seems a really nice bloke. :(
    I hope everything works out for him

Advertisement