Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing on other area servers

Options
  • 27-08-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

my mate is new zealand has just bought wow and wants to play on my server which is a european server obviously. I saw a thread in here before of some guy playing on a US server from Ireland so its possible im sure. What would he have to go about to play on my european server. Change a file in the wow directory. Any help would be appreciated. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

He needs to edit his realmlist.wtf to this,

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com

Then he can play with you,

The key he got with the game will be useless though,

He will need to get a European CD Key to create a European account.

He most likely has bought the Oceanic version.

Try shatteredcrystal.com for an EU key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I've heard that people doing this get serious lag issues?

When I play on EU i get 30-75ms constant

When I play on US i get 400-800ms

Not such a big deal in WOW though.

Except for tanking heroics and stuff,

Can make it more challenging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

thanks for the help guys. instead of buying him a European cd key could i just send him a recruit a friend offer. ya no its in your account management and then he can just upgrade from that, would that work ya?

tom_ass19 wrote:
    thanks for the help guys. instead of buying him a European cd key could i just send him a recruit a friend offer. ya no its in your account management and then he can just upgrade from that, would that work ya?

Yeh sure that would work,

He will still need to pay to make it a full EU account though and not just a trial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well its a good way in making sure he can connect to your server before spend money on a new account.

BadCharlie wrote:
    Well its a good way in making sure he can connect to your server before spend money on a new account.

Well there is no gray area there,

If he buys an EU CD Key he will be able to play on the server,

It's not a case of "if" :)

Advertisement