Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World gone mad!

Options
  • 27-08-2007 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Down with this sort of thing! When will people learn?!?! :mad:
    Good news for those who feel guilty when they buy a snack at Dunkin' Donuts.

The iconic Canton-based coffee and pastry shop is eliminating almost all trans-fats from its menu by October 15th.

Dunkin' is announcing tomorrow that it has developed an alternative cooking oil and reformulated more than 50 menu items.

Dunkin' isn't claiming it will become "trans fat free," but does say any trans fat in foods including doughnuts, croissants, muffins and cookies will fall below half a gram per serving.

Federal regulations allow food labels to say they've got zero grams of trans fat when they drop below the half-a-gram threshold.

Jeff Cronin, a spokesman for the Center for Science in the Public Interest, says it's good that Dunkin' is dropping most trans fats, but warns that doughnuts are still chock full of sugar and fat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

"still chock full of sugar and fat". thats good enough for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I suppose so, it means I will have to buy more of them to combat the lack of trans fat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

exactly. fill yer boots brother ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Ruu wrote:
    I suppose so, it means I will have to buy more of them to combat the lack of trans fat. :)

Bit of a double edged sword there, not sure how to feel about it :mad: :D

What the f^ck is a transfat and why can't I have them in my donuts anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Excellent question brother, what the fuck is a transfat?
    Once they don't mess with the sausages and rashers we'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Trans Fat is good for you. Good for you in a BG+RH kind of way.

Some health nuts seem to think of all fats, trans fat is the worst of a bad bunch. Whatever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a fat that is used to extend the shelf life of products and if I remember correctly it a carcinogen or something equally evil so even though I want my food laced with fat, I don't want it laced with this fat.

Edit : I just checked wikipedia and consumption of transfats may lead to infertility and liver dysfunction. Our livers take enough of a pounding lads plus I need children to keep me in beer after I retire because there is no way in hell my pension will ever cover that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ruu wrote:
    Good news for those who feel guilty when they buy a snack at Dunkin' Donuts.

This is obviously some new definition of good that I have hitherto been unaware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Lower transfats!? Why these things are positively good for you - they'll be selling them in Holland & Barrets next
    jester77 wrote:
    Excellent question brother, what the **** is a transfat?
    Once they don't mess with the sausages and rashers we'll be grand!

Hey, how come you're allowed to say '****' without being censored??

• Advertisement

Ah ****, I got censored and so did the quote. Here's what appeared on my computer:

4605266279a5406919868l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Hey, how come you're allowed to say '****' without being censored??
    Because I'm special :D

hehe, nah seriously, it's a special brethren privilege, for every 5 stones over 20 stone that you accumulate in body mass you are entitled to get one * removed. Picture proof is of course required with you standing on a scales. It's one of the little incentives here to keep the brothers from moving over to the dark side. Keep up the good work of promoting the brotherhood and before long you'll have no stars! Then you'll be able to tell anyone that doesn't agree with your daily routine to kindly fuck off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jester77 wrote:
    Because I'm special :D

hehe, nah seriously, it's a special brethren privilege, for every 5 stones over 20 stone that you accumulate in body mass you are entitled to get one * removed. Picture proof is of course required with you standing on a scales. It's one of the little incentives here to keep the brothers from moving over to the dark side. Keep up the good work of promoting the brotherhood and before long you'll have no stars! Then you'll be able to tell anyone that doesn't agree with your daily routine to kindly **** off ;)

Either that or you use the tags that remove the censor.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I hate this giving out about fat crap. F*ck off and leave us eat what we want!

I'd start a petition to get them to leave trans fats in the donuts, but that would require effort on my part and I would have less time to go to the bar. Speaking of which I need a drink...

krazy_8s wrote:
    Either that or you use the tags that remove the censor.

Please tell me more....

Advertisement