Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling 0.5/1 players at ipoker, how do you choose your tables?

Options
  • 25-08-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭

I was on a break from cash poker on ipoker there for about a month after losing quite a chunk of my bankroll.
    So now I am back again and my table selection seems to be pretty bad as im finding it nearly impossible to stack players unless they are total fish.
    Or is it a case that all the fish are gone and only total nits left?
    Actually its not even stacking players that worries me, most times I raise everyone folds. And its not a thing that I am playing really tight either. I only usually play 2/3 tables so I can concentrate on peoples games.
    Any one else finding this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

datamine using Gold Mine, and use EyePoker for selecting the best tables

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

yep, i find this too. Since i moved to ipoker a couple of months ago ive found there are no where near as many fish as party.

With regards to table selection i just stick myself on the waiting list on the tables with the highest avr pot. I'm starting to doubt this method as i think they only take a small sample when getting the average pot size so it could be high when you join the waiting list but 10 hands latter it much lower.

Eyepoker would probably be the best....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

think eyepoker is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

playing on ipoker IS table selection

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

valor wrote:
    datamine using Gold Mine, and use EyePoker for selecting the best tables
    why would u use gold mine to datamine instead of eyepoker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭digiman

So do you only need one of these then so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Generally I just follow the people on my buddylist around. Might get a dataminer and eyepoker, but I've found that the amount of retards on $100NL on IPoker seems to be decreasing, and more solid enough tags are around lately. Was considering moving site but I'll wait and see what happens when I move up to $200NL in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

If your big into mining then its better to have a AHK script that opens the amount of tables you want and opens Goldmine and starts datamining because alot of the time Carlos Poker seems to disconnect so when i come back in an hour or two it might have stopped mining after 10 minutes. With this AHK Script that ocallagh made you can go off for the day and be confident that youll have a large amount of hands mined, i set mine to restart every 30 mins so if it does d/c i only lose a few minutes of mining plus it closes empty tables and opens up lots of new ones.

I suppose you could do that with Eyepoker too and get it to start every 30 mins too but i have no idea how to do that so the Goldmine/AHK script works well for me at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

dvdfan wrote:
    If your big into mining then its better to have a AHK script that opens the amount of tables you want and opens Goldmine and starts datamining because alot of the time Carlos Poker seems to disconnect so when i come back in an hour or two it might have stopped mining after 10 minutes. With this AHK Script that ocallagh made you can go off for the day and be confident that youll have a large amount of hands mined, i set mine to restart every 30 mins so if it does d/c i only lose a few minutes of mining plus it closes empty tables and opens up lots of new ones.

I suppose you could do that with Eyepoker too and get it to start every 30 mins too but i have no idea how to do that so the Goldmine/AHK script works well for me at the moment

I have the same problem with goldmine/i-poker.. I go away and leave it running and come back and find myself disconnected... with AHK solve this? where can I get it?

Thanks,

Mac

oh ok cool. so the script actually logs you back in if you get disconnected? any chance you could post it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

rb_ie wrote:
    Generally I just follow the people on my buddylist around. Might get a dataminer and eyepoker, but I've found that the amount of retards on $100NL on IPoker seems to be decreasing, and more solid enough tags are around lately. Was considering moving site but I'll wait and see what happens when I move up to $200NL in September.
    The players have gotten tighter - that doesn't mean they've got much/any better though. iPoker is still a lot fishier than stars imo. Adapting to 14/7 players shouldn't be too hard. They play very similar to the bot that played on FT a while back (thread was on 2+2).

As to the original question I do wish the lobby was updated far more often.

I have started using Eye poker and I have to say it is really good, its excellent for datamining I think, its a pity that I can only have 8 tables open. Is there anyway around this as I often see people playing on more than 8 tables. Its good the way you can see how many losers are at you table and there stats before you go sit down with them. It does seem to be the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

digiman wrote:
    I have started using Eye poker and I have to say it is really good, its excellent for datamining I think, its a pity that I can only have 8 tables open. Is there anyway around this as I often see people playing on more than 8 tables. Its good the way you can see how many losers are at you table and there stats before you go sit down with them. It does seem to be the way forward.

Setup an a play money account with Carlos Poker on the ipoker network and you can open unlimited tables for datamining, google them. I think noiq also has the same but ive never tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RoundTower wrote:
    playing on ipoker IS table selection

.:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

how do i get EyePoker table selecter programme...??:confused:

😎

how do i get EyePoker table selecter programme...??:confused:

Thanks for dragging up an old thread of mine!!!

http://www.spadeit.com/eindex.php

Use this link, will be free for 7 days, then you have to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

hows it work..and whats best way of using it etc ...i.e how do i make profit out of it:D

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Macspower did a handy guide to setting up Eyepoker in his blog ages ago.

Linkage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

I strongly believe there are more fish at 200nl than 100nl on Ipoker. Agree about eyepoker....

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Is this still worth getting or is it old hat? How much does it cost? I assume it's banned software?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

its not illegal and worth it if you play on ipoker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

ShipIt wrote: »
    I strongly believe there are more fish at 200nl than 100nl on Ipoker. Agree about eyepoker....
    Funnily enough I have done better at 200NL then 100NL when I used to play there...

ha, i lost my old databases but i'm pretty sure my highest wrs are at 600nl followed by 400nl. longterm my lowest is probably 100nl, but i really sucked when i played that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

ShipIt wrote: »
    I strongly believe there are more fish at 200nl than 100nl on Ipoker.

There are several anomalies like this at iP. For example, I find 100NL easier than 50NL. Thinking about why this might be so, I think it is a combination of more (richer) fish at 100NL as you say, coupled with the impossibility of actually putting people on ranges at 50NL...it is such a zoo down there that all poker logic goes out the window - at least at 100NL people's actions have some discernible meaning.

All in all I think 50NL = 100NL for all intents and purposes, while 200NL is not much more than 15% or 20% harder than 100NL. Meh, maybe a bit more, but not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

There are several anomalies like this at iP. For example, I find 100NL easier than 50NL. Thinking about why this might be so, I think it is a combination of more (richer) fish at 100NL as you say, coupled with the impossibility of actually putting people on ranges at 50NL...it is such a zoo down there that all poker logic goes out the window - at least at 100NL people's actions have some discernible meaning.

All in all I think 50NL = 100NL for all intents and purposes, while 200NL is not much more than 15% or 20% harder than 100NL. Meh, maybe a bit more, but not much.

Move up to where they respect your raises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think its probably down to the fact that you haven't played enough hands at each limit for variance to even out, and cant really tell which is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

I used eyepoker with PT but usually again I got a seat the table had changed.

Does eyepoker work with HM.

And if so, anyone care to compose a how to set up for dummies type post:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

zuutroy wrote: »
    I think its probably down to the fact that you haven't played enough hands at each limit for variance to even out, and cant really tell which is easier.

I've played over 1m hands at 50NL and 100NL, and over 100k at 200NL. That's 50k hands a month for something over 2 years. Maybe not the long-term yet, but certainly approaching the medium term. Admittedly, perhaps not enough hands at 200NL to justify my comment, but certainly enough at the other two levels to be in a decent position to express an opinion.

So I will take your "can't really tell" comment as unfortunate phrasing of a reasonable point as opposed to patronising phrasing of an unreasonable one.

And yeah, I suck balls to be stuck this low so long, but it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

OK, that a lot hands.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Does eyepoker work with HM.

And if so, anyone care to compose a how to set up for dummies type post:o

+1 please. :o

Advertisement