Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Stephen's Green

Options
  • 25-08-2007 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

moving to dublin soon to work in stephens green area.
    looking for accomodation soon, ideally i'd like somewhere within walking distance however i will be going to cork every weekend so looking for advice on somewhere to live which is good for getting to stephens green and for driving south? appreicate any advice, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Walking distance to Stephen's Green will cost you.
    Walking distance with somewhere to put a car will be ridiculously expensive.

Your best bet is probably to either rent somewhere out the Luas line and use the Luas in and out of work, while hopefully leaving the car somewhere safe.

Alternatively and more cheaply, many of the northside 'X' buses go to Stephen's green, so you could rent on the northside, use the bus in and out of work and get on to the M50 easily enough from the northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 patdbaker

i've been looking along the sandyford luas line alright. i've been told stay clear of the north side as the m50 is a disaster on friday evenings? would like a short commute for work over getting out of city at weekends. must also look at the bus routes, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ranelagh and Rathmines have lots of places of variable quality, with reasonable access.

Also consider somewhere along the N11 - one bus a minute in the morning.

Advertisement