Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Bill

Options
  • 24-08-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I'll do my best to keep this short and sweet, I had NTL installed last year in my apartment, we got everything, highest bb package and highest tv package. They insisted on me paying by direct debit as I was a bb customer which was fine by me.

Problems with bb which went on for weeks we're finally sorted and I got some free service. Now I find I haven't been billed since Feb and I have just received a bill (yesterday23/08/07) from Feb '07 to end Oct '07, ammounting to over €400 which is due to be paid on the 31/08/07. As far as I was concerned it was coming out of my bank account every 2 months, in truth I didn't keep an eye on it and forgot about it.

My question is, can they do this? If I have given them permission to take the money from my account every two months and they forget or whatever happened can they bill me the whole lot all at once?

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips or info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Check with your bank first to make sure that they weren't taking the money as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

AFAIK they can do it. If you read the terms of the DD agreement there is usually something in there about them allowed to take six months payments at once.

A friend of mine used to work for the Financial Regulator and she told me that last Christmas the day before Christmas Eve this guy rang up really upset cos he had a DD on his account for his mobile phone. The phone company had taken over €1400 out of his account the day before and he was freaking out (understandably) that now he had no money.

My friend wasn't able to help cos it was in the terms of the DD agreement that they could do this

Advertisement