Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another warranty question

Options
  • 24-08-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else have had any problems like this...

Bought a graphics card from Komplett in March of 2005. In January of this year it started acting up, and called Komplett to request RMA to return it - it had a two year warranty. I was told I'd recieve a call within the week with further details and an email with instructions to return it. I didn't recieve any communication at all, and a week later phoned them to confirm that all was ok. They said to be patient and information would be sent on. 3 weeks passed and still nothing. I spent about 5 months constantly phoning them and heard nada.

About a week ago, I was fed up and resubmitted the RMA request online and explained the problem, but I've been told that they won't help me because it wasn't returned within the timelimit of the warranty and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that they kept me on hold from February to June of this year.

I'm at a loss of what to do - do I have any rights in this matter?

It probably seems a bit stupid at this point, feeling really let down by Komplett - had really high view of them until now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Xander wrote:
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone else have had any problems like this...

Bought a graphics card from Komplett in March of 2005. In January of this year it started acting up, and called Komplett to request RMA to return it - it had a two year warranty. I was told I'd recieve a call within the week with further details and an email with instructions to return it. I didn't recieve any communication at all, and a week later phoned them to confirm that all was ok. They said to be patient and information would be sent on. 3 weeks passed and still nothing. I spent about 5 months constantly phoning them and heard nada.

About a week ago, I was fed up and resubmitted the RMA request online and explained the problem, but I've been told that they won't help me because it wasn't returned within the timelimit of the warranty and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that they kept me on hold from February to June of this year.

I'm at a loss of what to do - do I have any rights in this matter?

It probably seems a bit stupid at this point, feeling really let down by Komplett - had really high view of them until now.

Small claims court. Get your phone records together and any other communication such as letter you wrote to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why don't you try contacting the card manufacturer and give them details of the Komplett contact dates. I bought a hard drive from Komplett with a three year guarantee (after 35 months it conked out - yeehah!). They actually told me to get an RMA from the manufacturer and not Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

You should post this on the komplett forum here on boards, id say they will sort it out for you!

Advertisement