Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Insurance

Options
  • 24-08-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Got my new laptop Tuesday and was wondering about getting accindent damage insurance.

I ve looked around and cant see any bank or insurance company that does it.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

will be cover under specified all risks section of your household policy, if you have one! An naturally subject to your policy excess - should anything go wrong. Also...you have manufacturers warranty I assume for a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

sorry don't mean to hijack this thread, but mostly the same question

except I plan bringing m y m1210 on holidays - would this be covered still under a contents policy ? ( my apartment is insured under block policy )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

sorry don't mean to hijack this thread, but mostly the same question

except I plan bringing m y m1210 on holidays - would this be covered still under a contents policy ? ( my apartment is insured under block policy )

If your appartment is insured under a block policy, it probably does not cover contents, you or your landlord will need to take out a seperate contents policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

sorry

I know that the block policy doesnt cover contents- plan to sort contents cover in next few days and wondering will this also cover the lappie when away (i.e. not in the home, wen on hols etc )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

sorry

I know that the block policy doesnt cover contents- plan to sort contents cover in next few days and wondering will this also cover the lappie when away (i.e. not in the home, wen on hols etc )

With house insurance generally you can get an upgraded policy, I think it is called all risks. Would be worth enquiring about this when getting the policy. Some policys will cover it and some wont. My house policy covered the cost of my mobile phone when it was stolen a couple of years ago. :D no excess.

Also worth looking on the excess for that part of the policy. :(

If you are renting the appartment, it might be covered under the insurance the landlord has on the appartments contents, furnishings, appliances carpets etc... :)

If you own the appartment you should get this insurance immediatly as the block insurance won't cover you for your furnishings and appliances if damaged / stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

hey,
    asked my da about it and it should be covered the house ins. but i rent in dublin during the week so i was thinking of getting separate insurance to cover there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

As long as you specify it on your houshold contents insurance it should be covered.

A block policy in an apartment cannot be upgraded and you must get your ownhoushold policy in order to be covered for internal damage/equipment to your apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

yeah, last post is correct. The policy depends on the company you take it with. For example, Eagle Star include all risks in the standard cover but you can increase that cover (as it was limited to €1250).
    You really must have your own contents policy if you are the owner of the item. Policy condition. But so long as it is at home its covered under general contents (except wear/tear and any malicious action like bugs say). Eagle star will cost you around 150 for the year.

Advertisement