Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those 5LT Heino Kegs

Options
  • 24-08-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

just cracked open one of those 5 litre heino kegs and after the initial highness of the gas i got a pint, i can safely say that i have yet to taste nicer, cleaner, purer heino. its absolutely beautiful.
    i would encourage all brothers to get some. dont mind the 'chill for 10 hours' thats written on it, just feck it in the deep freeze for 2 hours and enjoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Seen these in tescos last week, how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

€20 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

€21.99 in spar, can probably get them cheaper though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sorry lads i should have said that they are 20.99 in tesco, but someone mentioned over on bargain alerts that they are cheaper in centra stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

anyone know if you can re-use them?

• Advertisement

anyone know if you can re-use them?

what like bring them back for a re-fill? no you cant, sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

just cracked open one of those 5 litre heino kegs and after the initial highness of the gas i got a pint, i can safely say that i have yet to taste nicer, cleaner, purer heino. its absolutely beautiful.
    i would encourage all brothers to get some. dont mind the 'chill for 10 hours' thats written on it, just feck it in the deep freeze for 2 hours and enjoy.

I got one or two of them a while back and damn were they nice. I always left them in the fridge overnight. Much nicer than the 500ml cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

tom dunne wrote:
    I always left them in the fridge overnight.

I totally agree. I chill mine for 24 hours (where possible). If they aren't cold enough the head is way too big.

I agree with brother admiral - it is top notch Heineken. IIRC, I got one a while back in Superquinn for €18.99. I saw them in my local SuperValue yesterday - I must check the price as the shop is quite reasonable with beer prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

yep gotta agree that these are the job!
    i lash mine into the deep freeze for 2 hrs as well and they are perfect..... actually i better pick one up for tonight on the way home!

I got one on the way home from work - €20.99 and it was already chilled in a special Heineken fridge. Gonna crack it open once the Chinese arrives.........:D

• Advertisement

its absolutely beautiful.
    i would encourage all brothers to get some.

It is beautiful - I'm in the process of emptying one.

Thank you for this thread, brother admiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just pouring myself and the oul lad a nice fresh pint from these little beauties, top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have not borne witness to this sight, pray direct me to an appropriate vendor?

I have not borne witness to this sight, pray direct me to an appropriate vendor?

tesco is your friend! €20.99

Not being a heineken fan myself, do any brothers know if the stella artois kegs are still around? Also dunnes have kegs of something called bitteburg or something for €20. Anyone tried these out? Think I might get one for tomorrow night.

bitteburg

That's enough to put me off.

Suppin' a few Lidl Perlenbacher right now, they are the job. €7 for 6x500ml bottles.

agree with you there brother tom, i love that stuff, its sends me a little haywire though, i was seeing the little rabbits in tuxedos the last time i drank a skinfull of that

agree with you there brother tom, i love that stuff, its sends me a little haywire though, i was seeing the little rabbits in tuxedos the last time i drank a skinfull of that

*looks to the left*

You mean that rabbit isn't really there? :eek:

yeah he is, your mind is just trying you tell he isnt. is he doing the charleston dance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They sell coolers complete with taps for them over here. Sorta like this version here. Just slot the keg in like a cartridge in a fountain pen and away you go. About €120 I think but that includes your first keg. I'm sorely tempted brothers.

• Advertisement

yeah he is, your mind is just trying you tell he isnt. is he doing the charleston dance?

No, the Macarena.

OMG, it's worse than I thought.

sorely tempted? i be all over that like a rash on a hoors arse. do they ship to Ireland or can they be bought in france?

edit: brother tom: you are fcuked, once the macerena kicks in its time for the men in white coats

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just making my way through 2 of the Hino Kegs, and really like the look of the coolers - wonder do they do a bulk discount????...
    For the brotherhood - who's with me?

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Not being a heineken fan myself, do any brothers know if the stella artois kegs are still around? Also dunnes have kegs of something called bitteburg or something for €20. Anyone tried these out?
    I haven't seen them but if it's Bitburger, it's good German bier.

Shamrok wrote:
    I haven't seen them but if it's Bitburger, it's good German bier.
    I shall take your word for it Brother Shamrok,will pick one up tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Greetings brothers, First post on BG&RH. Hopefully my growing beer storage unit will allow me to fit in here.:D
    I was a great fan of the 5lt Heino kegs the last time they surfaced in Superquinn a few months back. Damn shop ran out of them too fast for my liking. At least I got my mits on 6 of those puppies and it's great to see them back. Heineken is my poison of choice so I'm a happy camper right now.
    With a bit of luck they might stay around. If so I'd be on for one of those coolers too.

Cheers.:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just checked and shipping is about $120 for 2 coolers - which is NOT cheap :(
    hopefully we can get a better bulk discount

keep us updated in this, i'm with you man. seriously. i want one of those

Advertisement