Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell nightmare

Options
  • 23-08-2007 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I ordered my laptop on the 8th of August, Dell told me on the quote that the delivery date is the 10th of September!

When I queried them on this and explained to them that I'm going abroad for a year they said it's not a problem, they'll ship it to Germany. I thought that's brilliant and placed the order!

I kept checking my order online every day, just to make sure they don't mess it up.. And I found out that they've shipped it today!

So I rang them promptly, the laptop is in Dell's facility in Limerick, and they can't change the address to send it to me here while I'm in Ireland?! They're going to ship it to Germany even though there's noone there to pick it up yet!

When I asked who the carrier was and was told it's UPS, I thought fine, I'll ring UPS, give me the tracking number.. but no, they don't have a tracking number, they'll have it tomorrow when they hand over the laptop to UPS.. to send it to Germany!!!

I told them I'll cancel the order if they don't ship it to me here, they said they'd call me and still no phone call... I'm not getting anywhere with their customer "service" and I'm just wondering does anyone here know someone in Dell who can fix this?

I need to talk to someone with brains in Dell and I haven't had much luck with the freephone number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

They must have got that shipment of LCD's or whatever was holding up the orders. My Vostro ordered last week was given a projected date of 10th September as well and I see it has shipped today as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

netman wrote:
    I ordered my laptop on the 8th of August, Dell told me on the quote that the delivery date is the 10th of September!

When I queried them on this and explained to them that I'm going abroad for a year they said it's not a problem, they'll ship it to Germany. I thought that's brilliant and placed the order!

I kept checking my order online every day, just to make sure they don't mess it up.. And I found out that they've shipped it today!

So I rang them promptly, the laptop is in Dell's facility in Limerick, and they can't change the address to send it to me here while I'm in Ireland?! They're going to ship it to Germany even though there's noone there to pick it up yet!

When I asked who the carrier was and was told it's UPS, I thought fine, I'll ring UPS, give me the tracking number.. but no, they don't have a tracking number, they'll have it tomorrow when they hand over the laptop to UPS.. to send it to Germany!!!

I told them I'll cancel the order if they don't ship it to me here, they said they'd call me and still no phone call... I'm not getting anywhere with their customer "service" and I'm just wondering does anyone here know someone in Dell who can fix this?

I need to talk to someone with brains in Dell and I haven't had much luck with the freephone number.

Did you get sorted?or is your laptop still on the way to germany?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

It's still on its way to Germany by the looks of it. There's a lady in Dell that's looking after it now, the same one that I placed the other through, who wasn't in yesterday.

It's a bit nuts, yesterday they told me that they cannot change the address. Then they told me that I should cancel the order and then place the exact same order again, and then they'll build a new laptop and send it to me.

I agreed to that, but today the order still isn't cancelled, so it looks like they can't cancel them either.

What they're trying to do now is delay the delivery until September when I'll be there.

Not sure what's gonna happen next! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BrotherTotz

Thats a messy situation alrite netman..

Im having a similar (but not as bad..same country!!) problem with a laptop I ordered a few weeks ago which was of course late/delayed in being sent out!!
    I was getting it sent to where I work but Im finishing up my placement here now...so it would save alot of hassle if I could change the address...Ive tried the usual customer "help" lines but havent really made progress there for one reason or another, by any chance do you have a different number that you used where I could get in contact with some non-braindead staff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

man thats a messy situation,hope you get it sorted though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

it is a messy situation, but as well you did leave quite a tight time frame for them to deliver by the looks of things...

A month isn't that long, especially considering 7-10 business days is the minimum delivery time with dell.

Why did you wait so late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you buy off the outlet it only takes a week to get delivered as they already built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

declanfl - why did you post that and then delete it?

What machines did you guys order anyway? Theres a known delivery problem with some of the new models, shortage of the screens or something. Not that surprising tbh. Theres been a few threads about it on other threads. I've never had a problem getting a response of someone in Dell. I'm surprised that others are reporting that they have. Pretty bad if you can't get anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BostonB wrote:
    declanfl - why did you post that and then delete it?

I deleted it because it was drivel and he posted several times in several different fora.

Advertisement