Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Commuting help!!

Options
  • 23-08-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I don't really know if this is the right forum for this but my girlfriend and I are looking at houses on the Southside and one in particular in Leopardstown. I'm starting a job in Dun Laoghaire and shes in college in IADT. I was wondering could anyone shed some light on what buses would be the best to get? There's no map or anything on the net that will help me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I don't really know if this is the right forum for this but my girlfriend and I are looking at houses on the Southside and one in particular in Leopardstown. I'm starting a job in Dun Laoghaire and shes in college in IADT. I was wondering could anyone shed some light on what buses would be the best to get? There's no map or anything on the net that will help me!!

I think the 75 would be the closest bus ya could get. But www.dublinbus.ie let you search by place names so look there. By the way the 75 sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinlessgunner

Thanks!!any help is appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

You will need to live on the 46a route. Leopardstown is not convenient but there are other areas in the same price bracket on the route. Dublin Bus has route maps in its head office on O'Connell street but is too apathetic to put them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

OTK wrote:
    You will need to live on the 46a route. Leopardstown is not convenient but there are other areas in the same price bracket on the route. Dublin Bus has route maps in its head office on O'Connell street but is too apathetic to put them online.

It depends on where in Leopardstown the house is!! If it's around Brewery Road, then the 46A and 75 are only a short distance away on the N11.

However, if it is around the Gallops or Leopardstown Valley, then you are looking at two buses, with the very infrequent 63 from Ballyogan Estate (currently diverted along Ballyogan Road, Murphystown Road and Leopardstown Road) to the N11 and then the 46A/75 to Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Oddly enough I'm in the same boat; starting a job in DL mid-Sept but dunno whether to find a place in DL or commute a bit :-/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get this book -
    http://www.irishmaps.ie/product/display.cfm?ProductID=156 it has the routes of the buses coloured in. You can see then if one goes near where you're planning to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Definately try and find something along the 46a route. The Dart is awkward for anyone in IADT and the 75 is very very irregular. 46a stops at bakers corner (ideal for IADT) and to Dun Laoghaire.

KC61 wrote:
    It depends on where in Leopardstown the house is!!
    Yes, this is true. You need to look at the map to see where the house is situated compared to the bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Leopardstown is a little vague, but the 46A and 75 both go from Foxroxk Church to Dun Laoghaire - the 75 goes right past the college, the 46A goes slightly different route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

I'd say two decent bikes and away you go. Went to IADT in 90/91. Lived in Cabinteely, worked in Stillorgan. The bike was a winner everytime. I drive around the area now and realise how great those days where. The 46A and 75 made me move out of home.

• Advertisement

DerekP11 wrote:
    I drive around the area now and realise how great those days where.
    Why was it great? Because the distances were short enough to cycle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

OTK wrote:
    Why was it great? Because the distances were short enough to cycle?

My college, job and flat were all within easy reach of each other by bike.

Advertisement