Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local shop doesn't have prices displayed, have said it to them already- what to do?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

My local shop doesn't have prices on half the things in the shop. They use printed prices on shelf edge labels, but lots of them are really out of date or just not there.

I have said it to them lots of times over a period of months and they just say 'yeah'. Once I was told that they'd be putting new ones up soon.

It's really annoying because you don't know what lots of things cost until you get to the till, making it difficult to make an informed choice and not knowing if you've been overcharged.

Where can I go with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

By law they have to display the correct prices!!

Consumer Affairs will probably be your best bet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

[edit]Lets keep the personal abuse for other forums.[edit}

Dub13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 saloon

Kenny 5 wrote:
    [edit]Lets keep the personal abuse for other forums.[edit}

Dub13

Huh? what are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

saloon wrote:
    Huh? what are you talking about?

saloon, Kenny 5 said something that wasn't quite right and it's been edited by the moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Go to consumer affairs. I noticed all the shops in my local town put up price lists all of a sudden about two months ago - all coincidentally at the same time. I reckon they all got a visit from an inspector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Yup, consumer affairs is the way to go. Be sure to be specific in your complaint, i.e., 'I went into the shop at x time on y date, and could not find a price for item z. I asked the manager where the shelf edge label for this item was and he told me there was none. ' and so on. Be sure to say there has been a regular pattern f this, and ask them to prosecute the shop. Say that you are willing to appear as a witness for the Office in the prosecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 saloon

THanks for all the advice, spoke to NCA and will do as advised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Go to www.nca.ie and the contact details on top right should anyone else want to report mislabelling issues, you must be prepared to sign a statement ( a prinout of the complaint) while the inspector is in town.

Advertisement