Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

We all know about the 5 year freaks. They find out about CTYI young enough to take full advantage. But if you're born at the right time, is it possible to be some kind of 6 year mutant?

CTYI is from 12 to 17. Say your birthday is during Sesh 1, and for your first year you go to Sesh 2 (now aged 12). For the 5 years, you'd be 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16. Then, could you attend Sesh. 1 (still a 16 year-old) and turn 17 during it? Or is there a way that this won't work?

I really hope it's not possible. I only got 3 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

well I know someone who went 6 times....he was from Barcalona though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No. CTYI is normally 13-16. As in, 13,14,15,16. People who turn 17 during there last year can get 5 years, but in that case they turn 13 during their first year, which means in order to get one more year they would need to be 11 and turn 12 in their first session. And that, imho, is too young to be going. (Says someone DID start early, and was 12 in my first year sans birthday during session.)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

It starts at 13, does it? Fair enough. I thought 12.

Nope, normally only 12 if you turn 13 during it, then leading to the traditional five year freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Je comprends. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

One of my friends asked Colm what the cutoff for 17-year-olds' birthdays was, and he said it's usually the first of June. So if you're just gone 17 you can go even if you don't actually turn 17 while you're there. And as for 12-year-olds, I asked an RA and she said it's basically first years: people who have done first year in school and are going into second year, but aren't 13 yet. So that seems to be how they determine it at the young end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I was 17 on the 28th of May last year but I had to ask to be allowed back.

It is indeed first years but you can be younger if you're in school in the UK or in Spain.

Or awesome.

(Did first year of CTYI before first year)

Advertisement