Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank transfer to UK bank?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

is this possible? I'm with aib

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yeah shouldn't be a problem. You'll need the UK bank account IBAN (international bank ac no.) I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

You'll need to go into a branch but they should be able to help you as long as you have all the relevant details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's possible but it will cost 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

eeek! It's only for £12, would a money/postal order or bank draft be a better idea?

eve wrote:
    You'll need to go into a branch but they should be able to help you as long as you have all the relevant details.

You can do it online too.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote:
    eeek! It's only for £12, would a money/postal order or bank draft be a better idea?

Yep, bank draft is the best option, will only cost €1.90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

The best option is online. Go to AIB online banking then go to transfer money then select intl. payment.

For the receiver you will need to have Name,Address,IBAN(international number) and SWIFT no.(internaional bank sort code). These are located on all bank statements and very easy to find.

There are two options you can send the value in Euro's or send it in the currency of choice e.g. GBP

To send in Euro there is Paylink Euro

1>Paylink Euro Standard is ***FREE*** and the tranaction takes a couple of days to complete

2>Paylink Euro Urgent is €12.50 and is almost instant during biz. hours

The receivers bank will convert the Euro into sterling so therefore depending on the day and current exchange rate and commision charges the amount may vary slightly.

Paylink International will allow you to send in the currency of choice and therefore is more exact in terms of what the person receives however standard rate 2-3 Days is about €15 and urgent is about €22.

Hope that helps

thanks, yeah I rang aib and found out about the 'free' way. One thing, will the other guy be charged commision, I never thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

it should be a very small amount if your worried send it by Paylink in sterling

i sent it already, the euro option is free, but the sterling isn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement