Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning items bought in airport duty free

Options
  • 23-08-2007 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I bought some headphones in the duty free in Dublin airport about 2 weeks ago. They have given up the ghost already. Anyone know if it's possible to return them to the shop in the airport?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

This is something I've wondered about before.

Try ringing the shop. I imagine that even airport duty free shops are subject to the same rules of repair, replacement and refund.

Alternatively, do you know someone who works in the airport?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Tried ringing there's never anyone there. I think I know someone who did work there maybe I can ask them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why dont you phone the airport shopping enquiries line on +353 (0)1 814 4356?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

If you call them they will arrange to come out and meet you in departures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

KtK wrote:
    Why dont you phone the airport shopping enquiries line on +353 (0)1 814 4356?

That was the number I was trying. Anyway, I eventually got through to someone on the pre-order shopping number (1 800 747 747) and they said I can either call to the airport or return the item via registered post. I'm flying out again in a few weeks so I'll wait until then before returning it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement