Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Licence

Options
  • 22-08-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

How do you go about getting a game licence? Pheasants etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

you need land on which you have written permission to shoot, easiest method is to join a gun club in your area, or try to as seems to be the case.

PS I can't f*@#ing stand CSI or its spawn:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GilGrissom

Is game hunting with a rifle permitted? I own a .22 lr at the moment.

OT: I only like CSI Vegas and Miami, NY is pants. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

.22lr in only used for vermin control and is not suitable to be used on any Game normally shot by rifle. i.e. Deer. The minimum caliber allowed is .22-250.
    For feathered game you will require a shot gun of some discription, the most common setup being a 12gauge double barrell job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Game licence (pheasant, duck and even hare) is includd on you're firearms cert, as long as it costs €26, a limited at €6 doesn't have a game licence on it

Only game you can shoot with a rifle is deer and there is a restriction on calibre/s acceptable

Advertisement