Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio cd player repairs?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi, i bought a cambridge audio cd player from richer sounds, which has never worked (it'll turn on but wont recognise a disk in the drive). I'd like to get it repaired as richer refused to take it back (long story) but ive no idea where to take it. Its in mint condition so i'd say its just a small fix. any ideas anyone? many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

Have never used them but the name would suggest it might be the place to take a sick cd player?

HiFi Hospital T/A Sound Innovations
    Unit 7,Block 8, Blancherstown Corparate Park,
    Blancherstown
    Dublin 01 8829375

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gavstar69

many thanks industria, ill give them a bell. its miles from me though, i'm in rathgar. anyone else know of somewhere closer to town?

just called them, they told me they are not doing repairs anymore and they dont know of anywhere that is...bummer

found out that the phillips shop on dame street do all the richer sounds out of warranty repairs. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

gavstar69 wrote:
    found out that the phillips shop on dame street do all the richer sounds out of warranty repairs. thanks
    Both shops are owned by John McDonald who also owned the Dublin Richer Shop and Lryic HiFi. Go figure.
    Get an estimate before they do anything because some repairs to CD players cost more than replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

I found the hi-fi hospital very good. They have replaced the lens on my Marantz Signature cd player a couple of times over the years . The last time I was out with them they told me that that component had been taken off the market so I got a couple off them that they will install when it goes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

gavstar69 wrote:
    just called them, they told me they are not doing repairs anymore and they dont know of anywhere that is...bummer

Am I reading that right! HiFi Hospital are not doing repairs anymore?

Advertisement