Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning / Furniture making courses

Options
  • 22-08-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of any woodturning or furniture making type course around the kildare region. I've tried googling but can't really see much.

Also are the couses much use? What can you do with them when finished?
    Will it get you a job from it or are they really just for personal use?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Keep an eye out for the local free door-to-door newpapers. This is the time ofthe year that all the adult education centres start advertising their evening courses. I got one through today with the Wicklow Times, and I'm sure there's something similar in your area.

As for the courses themselves, AFAIK most of them are primarily aimed at the hobbyist. If you're looking for some kind of professional qualification, I'd guess FAS would be a better place to start looking, but I'm no expert on such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paulb77

anyone know one around athlone??

Advertisement