Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird UTV comment

Options
  • 22-08-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

I found the following on UTV's Wikipedia page:

"1999 For New Years Eve, the lollipop ident, came back after 11 years of abscense, but it says UTV instead of Ulster Television. It was first appeared on Decemeber 25, 1997, but on New Years Eve, the 6 lines are removed and was replaced with the Countdown until Midnight at 12:00 noon. But UTV, even introduced the hearts ident at 11:00 pm, and switches to Animal Crossing Countdown by a lake (the game is not released then)."

Now, aside from the grammar being poor, is this true or is it complete rubbish? I don't remember any reappearance in the late nineties. I know Wikipedia can be very unreliable.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't think UTV ever had the hearts ident for a start.

They may have brought the "lollipop" back as a bit of a retro thing on NYE but that's about it. Sounds like someone's just been arsing about with the Wiki entry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Advertisement