Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many cans on a week night?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Who thinks that 6 cans a couple of nights a week is too much? I know americans would say it is...but come on...realistically?? It doesn't stop you from functioning and so on....Problem is, my gf is giving out that its too much and I'll get a massive beer gut...I go out and run 5 - 6 miles...then have a few cans...whats the big deal???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

in this forum you are probably a lightweight,in the PI forum you are definitely an alco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

There is no deal whatsoever. Beer is great, if it doesn't make you angry and violent and you get you excersise in you havent got a thing to worry about. Look at the Germans! Look how healthy they are!

The reason the woman is complaining is because she's tired of fetching your drink and lest face it, the walk to the kitchen is always a long one ;) I suggest putting a mini fridge by your couch/bed/bog or wherever you enjoy the beer and then the buzzing noise in your ear will subside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Personally, I prefer a nagan of black rum 3 nights a week, with about 3 or 4 cans on the other nights. If you look at it realistically, 6 cans every night of the week is only going to work for so long before you start needing more to relax. Try switching to stronger spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When up in college at the start of the 3rd year me and the lads used to get 10 cans / bottles most nights a week. Then when we all went back to our hometowns at Christmas I got into the habit of buying 4 - 6 cans whenever I went to a mates free gaff, they all thought I was an alcho, lightweights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Its a fair bit. 200 calories per can = 1200 calories. Intake for a man for a day is around 2500 so almost half your daily intake.

Calories burned per hour of running on flat area ~500
    Running time needed to burn 1200 calories ~ 2.4 hours

To be honest its a very quick way to put on weight that is very hard to lose.

What I do is start much later and drink less. Start at 1030 and drink 3 cans rather than start at 8 and drink 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

kmick wrote:
    Its a fair bit. 200 calories per can = 1200 calories. Intake for a man for a day is around 2500 so almost half your daily intake.

What I do is start much later and drink less. Start at 1030 and drink 3 cans rather than start at 8 and drink 6.

BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Yeah, 6 cans on a school night is ok. Americans would say it is too much and they use small cans, not our long slender almost a pint ones.

6 cans for 2 school nights is pushing it a bit - now before we hang me brethren - it is pushing it a bit assuming you're consuming twice that on friday sat and sunday as well.

To me, boozin six or more cans 5 days a week is on the road to chronic alcoholism. I do it fri-sun plus maybe one other day. 3 or 4 is ok cos it's barely most days of the week. 5 is nearly every day. see the difference?

ps. on the otherhand, if you're in college then knock yourself out buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Thanks for the reaction lads! As expected, there is nothing out of the ordinary here and I am right and she was wrong! Had a few last night watching the match just to make sure and was up and in work for 8.30 this morning. No ill effects! :D

Langerland wrote:
    I am right and she was wrong!

That happens quite often around here:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Langerland wrote:
    I am right and she was wrong!

There are other possible outcomes? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Boys.... we all know beer guts are sexy. Don't fight it!!

Don't worry, we don't! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

kmick wrote:

This is no place for those kinds of ideas!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kmick wrote:

thats blasphemy! 6 cans a night is normal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Meh! Often had 6 cans on a school night. More is not unheard of either. I had to get a second green bin. It was either that or start crushing the cans and that sounded like too much hard work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

kmick wrote:

i have been drinking at least 6 cans or pints a night for the last 16 years:eek:
    and i am a massive 10 stone 1 lb :D you need to have a chinese everynight to help keep the weight off :D

so dont even bother with the running that will only make you tired;)

ambman wrote:
    you need to have a chinese everynight to help keep the weight off :D

I hope she does the washing up afterwards :D

crosstownk wrote:
    I hope she does the washing up afterwards :D

the next morning after she puts the cans in the green bin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

county wrote:
    in this forum you are probably a lightweight,in the PI forum you are definitely an alco
    QFT!

ambman wrote:
    the next morning after she puts the cans in the green bin :D

Wow! She's well trained. Where can I order one?

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    Wow! She's well trained. Where can I order one?

it took me six months to train her:mad: man that was hard work.
    it would have been easier to pay someone to train her for me:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Cans FFS yer all fckuin BOGENS.

Bottles folks it comes in bottles.

and yes a sixpack a night is reasonably healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

ps. on the otherhand, if you're in college then knock yourself out buddy.

Haha... Legend!
    Man I can't wait for College. 17th Sept. :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Haha... Legend!

I hear ya!

Man this beer gut is gonna get awful big come college time and those blackouts in my memeory are just going to get longer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 timmyotoole

A six pack a night is not good for you. Ive only stopped about 2 months now but i used to drink 6 cans pretty much 7 days in the week. Only day i sometimes didnt drink was a sunday due to drinking a hell of a lot more on the saturday, and being so badly hungover i couldnt get out of the bed. I did that for over a year and a half. Before that i was drinking 3 or 4 nights a week for about 5 years.

I stopped that now because my whole body would feel numb the next day, really unsettling feeling. And you feel really unhealthy. Took me a while to stop as well. And going to work with all that drinking the previous nights is crap, its hard enough getting up for work as it is. Do not drink everyday. 3 to 4 nights a week at a maximum.

Do not drink everyday. 3 to 4 nights a week at a maximum.

What sort of heresy is that to be spoutin' around these parts? Just look what cutting back has done to your thought processes. You need to drink more, not less, or with an attitude like that you could be in serious danger of turning into a metrosexual.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Haha... Legend!
    Ditto. I usually drink about 4 or 5 cans a night. Generally start at 10 and finish around 12.30. That's because of work though. While at college, I'd drink a lot more, probably 6-8 cans if I remember correctly.

Advertisement