Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock market.... down it goes

Options
  • 22-08-2007 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Ok, like, i can't believe your not talking about this......

In the week I've come back to Ireland or should I say the West, there has been the biggest Stick Market cash since the Great Depression and let your not talking about it.

Not even i'll buy stock in "X" loan company..

Or, I think China's in trouble...

Comments

Investments and Markets forum

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

searusly your saying this don't full under economics?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This is perfectly acceptable discussion for this forum.

Never said it wasnt - but there is discussion about it over in the investments forum at the moment.

And yet no discussion.....

What about this new theory, that central banks shouldn't introduces liquidity at the top into banks (as we're seen to date). Central Banks should equity markets directly, should they?

Has the fed really done enough in tackling the mountain of debt in America homes. Personally I think they need to titan up the belts, rain in debt junkys at grass roots, maybe give them a slap on the face. To me it looks like there stalling the inevitably, by pumping in more money. Throwing good money after bad. The really credit crunch is still to come.

China is feeding it's economy on the debt of the US. So with the credit crunch chinas growth will suffer or co-laps the economy. Or will the US out source more work to gain greater profit as the real income goes down in US homes.

• Advertisement

They've already talking about credit crunch in the real world. US house housing "crash". what will be the global effect?.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What worries me..is the subprime borrowers here in ireland...Start home loans has asked thier parent company Investec to approve a 1% increase in loans organised by themselves...thats the same a 4 ECB rate rises. This puts futher pressure on already risky clients.

Fair enough...the greater the risk..the bigger the return...in theory...but when you see how they warehouse these loans and sell them off to Wallstreet investors who then dice them up into rated bonds it just doesnt seem fair to me.

I kinda have to agree with the critics of trichet and Bernake...if you invest your money,you are taking a risk...you will reap the rewards if its quids in...but why should you look for the ECB to bail you out if it goes pear shaped!!

Groucho Marx at the height of his fame borrowed heavily to buy shares...only to be stung badly by the Wall Street crash of 1929. In fact the Dow didnt recover from that in real terms till 1952...which is a clear sign of how devestating it actually was.So you cant really compare todays market wobbles with 1929

Advertisement