Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp Practice - Right Priced Tiles

Options
  • 21-08-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

This is a bit sneaky i think,

Building a house at the moment and got my floor tiles in Right Priced Tiles, no problems with them happy days etc.

Got some samples for the matching wall tiles yesterday and went around to buy them today. Asked for the tiles in the quantity I required and he told me that i needed to buy at least x amount of border. But i dont want or need any border thanks i told him. He said they are only sold as a set....

Now if it was a case of just buying a box of border to shut them up i would but the border tiles are like €8 each and they are aonly about 30 cm long if even! The tiles are only costing €12 per sqm.

What annoys me is that they have the tiles priced individually, @ €12 per sq m or whatever the individual price is but they wont sell them unless you buy a border. There is a sold as set small stamp up in the corner of the price beside the shocking price of the borders but i dont think they should be advertising them at €12 a sqm if they arent going to sell them to you at that price?

Rang ocda they are going to investigate... no use to me i have a house that needs to be tiled before the weekend :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

And then try going into Carpet Sh1te and they won't let you buy the carpet without over priced underlay & gpips (usually at least twice the price of normal retailers.

Right Sh1te Tiles sell primarily "builders cuts" - these are tiles that are made up in factories after kilns have been down for a while. Usually they are fine, but they are in effect seconds. (Most tilers wince when they hear you got tiles at Right Sh1te Tiles) And then price their adhesive & grout & compare with the likes of B&Q or a local tile store - you'll find out very quickly where they make their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Hah yes, i remember that old trick! I walked out of the shop on that one.

If you really think these tiles are a good deal, go back and tell them that your walls in your very small bathroom are ten foot high. The salesmen are generally so stupid that they will let you away with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Does anywhere else do the tiles they they stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

yeh i been there once and dont want to go back,
    just for small bathroom till price was 500€ first i thought it include installation:mad:
    bought tilles from B&Q with everything total cost including tile cutter 220.
    shop around try to find some offers. and dont go near to wrong price till :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Yeah id love to never ever go back again but its going to look a bit silly if the tiles dont match the floor ones... ill have to think of something. Maybe the huuuuuge window on both walls will come in handy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

mcaul wrote:
    And then try going into Carpet Sh1te and they won't let you buy the carpet without over priced underlay & gpips (usually at least twice the price of normal retailers.

Assuming they're affliliated with Carpet Right, I got carpet from them last week without having to buy underlay/grips.

Advertisement