Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMP & Speaker Advice Wanted !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Got some bad news for ya , the link for richer sounds that you have there is a sterling price , click on the euro symbol and you get €450 , only slightly cheaper than peats.

Now they are an average set of speakers , the real value for that price range is the Mordaunt short premier package , glowing reviews wherever you look , and not much more , money wise , I think they are €479

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=165

As regards the amp , the Onkyo's have the 1.3 HDMI connectors , and a very nice spec , havnt seen any reviews though , but on paper they look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the feedback, and the catch on Richersounds :o !

CNET review seems pretty positive for the Onkyo, so was leaning that way.

Cheers,

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Okay, so here is where I am at now.

Going for the Onkyo 605 Amp. Was in Peats on Saturday and they also seem to agree this was a good choice which included future proofing !

On the speaker front, Peats also agree the Kef were not the greatest, and instead recommended the JBL CS-680 http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/test_new/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=21418&sid=23&cid=123&scid=4373 if some power was needed.

I asked them about Mordaunt Short, however they claimed ignorance, and told me only obtainable from the UK. Obviously don't want to sell me something, they don't stock, which is understandable.

So what do yous' think, Mordaunt Short premiere sill the best/right choice, or ?

Advice welcome.....:confused:

Thanks !

Advertisement