Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are people thinking so far?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how people are finding the game so far. And how are you doing in it? Looking at the stats on the kinship screen, most people haven't been on in a while (and loads stopped playing once they had to pay :D ).

Personlly, I'm still loving it. I've been a way for the last month, so I'm just getting back into it. I'm still only lvl23, but I'm planning on working on that this week (I've very little else to be doing with my time).

I'm in the Lonelands at the mo, and was having a fair bit of difficulty with some of the missions. There's loads of "kill x amount of y's and collect z from them" missions and I couldn't for the life of me find them (like the goblin Thrasher. There's about 2 on the entire map!!!).

But now I'm past those and my XP is flying up. I was planning on going back to monster play, but thought I may as well try and level my character in the main game to try and get through the epic quests (and to hopefully max out one of my characters for the first time in any MMORPG i've played.)

So, what about yourselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The poor old kin is rather sickly looking isn't it?

I'm super busy at the moment so I only have time to play about once a week or so.

I'm currently trying to do the missions in Garth Agarwen... It's very tough up there but good fun if you get a decent fellowship together and my burglar skills really come in handy for helping out the group too.

I'm still working my way up to level 35 which is when I can get a horse... My money is coming along nicely too and I have accumulated over 2 gold so far.

I may give up on Garth Agarwen for the time being and come back when my level is a little higher. I reckon I'm ready to start putting a dent in Chapter 3 now.

I've also explored a good deal and have wandered as far as Rivendell and beyond. I've taken loads of nice pictures too... I'll have to start up a "Postcards from Middle Earth" thread at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm playing pretty frequently, although I do monster play only.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I played it a little when it first was released and a little during beta, I stopped though as I wasnt enjoying it mainly I think because I was just getting over my wow addiction and found it initially similar and didnt want to really play anything along those lines.. But now months have past and I've started playing again, only reached lvl 10 so far with my new character but I'm really enjoying it, playing an elf champion called Argalen.

Whats the boards kindship and how do I go about joining?
    One of the greatest aspects of games like this I've found is the general fun you have being in a guild/kindship, I'm pretty sure if I dont join one in the near future I'll stop playing.

Was looking at some of the raid videos and i'm looking forward to trying out some of them when I get to 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Pah, hurry up and get to the 40's. Then to the ettenmoors with you so I can feast on your corpse.

On the topic of the kinship, Chapter 10 (tomorrow) is introducing them to the creeps so if ppl are interested we could look at starting one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Im loving it. The thought of having to level up ANOTHER toon pissed me off at first, but i really enjoy everything about the game, apart from the travel system.

Currently 28/29 human guardian. I like the way that good gear is more accessible than in WoW; in WoW, you needed high level help, or a ton of grinding to buy from the ah. I just run around mining barrow-iron and rich iron ore when im eating my breakfast before work, and currently have over 3g and a lot of purples.

The differences between this and wow become more apparent the more I play. Since wow was my first mmo AND rpg, I have now taken back what I said to friends about wow having a lot of depth.

I am still paying my WoW subscription and a few times have tried to log in and do some pvp, but whenever I do, I play one game of AB or whatever and just get bored, relog and play lotro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement