Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Financial Year?

• 21-08-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to organize sponsorship for 2008 to help me compete in motorsport. I was just wondering could someone tell me when the finiancial year starts and when are the 'quatars' we hear about? When is the best time to approach a company before they make their spending decisions for 2008?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Please correct me if i stand wrong here

* 1st Quarter: October 1, 2006 – December 31, 2006
    * 2nd Quarter: January 1, 2007 – March 31, 2007
    * 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2007 – June 30, 2007
    * 4th Quarter: July 1, 2007 – September 30, 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Woof

Approach them immediately - 2008 budget is probably already spent depending size of company. The bigger the company the bigger the spend and usually the quicker it is allocated for sponsorship.

Financial year ends are when ever a company designates.

Generally Qtr 1 relates to the first quarter of that specific company. i.e. if a company choses to have its year-end as 31st August, then QTR1 is the period from September to December and so on.

Advertisement