Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung RSDCNS21 Refridgerator Cooling

Options
  • 21-08-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello,
    Does anybody else have an issue with the Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator.
    Problem:
    1. Ice maker works
    2. Refrigerator section showing 14 degrees celcius (even though I put it at 1)
    3. Water dispenser not working

I have searched the web and found a few other people with this issue. My fridge is only 2 years old (just out of warranty) and have to get a repairman.

When I called Samsung a guy let it slip that I'm not the only one with this issue. Would like to know if anyone else out there fustrated with Samsung.

My advice is to call and keep your reference number.
    I would like to see if we can get enough people to call Samsung about this issue to force them into conceeding that they have a design fault of some sort.

Thanks
    Eanna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

i have posted before about american style fridge freezers -problem you describe about the temp is prob just the termostat needs replaceing -the water dispenser issue is more than likely a small blockage around the nossle ,caused by grit or dirt coming thru the water system,when was the last time you changed the water filter at the back ? or is it one of those few without them fitted? this falls under the heading of regular service which people never do ,they just plug them in and forget about them ,like all appliances ,and then when something goes wrong it is usually outside of warrenty,and is gonna cost .

by the sound of your complaint i dont think it is a design fault that you describe ,just normal consumable parts that need replacing-a bit like when you get ur car serviced and they give you a new oil filter,its needed but the manufacturer isnt liable because its consumable ,

when the repair man comes get it in writing what the problem is ,what he did to solve the problem and ask him what you should do to prevent it happining again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eannakennedy

Thanks for the information. I just put in a new filter. The ice maker works which means the water is working. From reading on the internet it seems that after a while the pipe to the water freezes and the usual advice is to get a hairdryer to thaw it out. I'm not sure if thats why the refridgerator is not working. However good advice on the repairman. I've just read some horror stories about this Samsung fridge where it never fixes itself and people just buy another one. Actually one of the customer service people let it slip that it wasn't the first time someone has complained about this. I'm just annoyed as my warranty is one month over.

Thanks again
    Eanna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Couldn't you just unplug the thing for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've got the Samsung side by side fridge/freezer but I went for the one without the water dispenser. The thermostat went in the freezer section when I only had it 15 months and I had to pay to have someone come and replace the thermostat. It's a very commonn problem but they don't tell you that when you're buying it.

I had to throw out a lot of food :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Bad news!!

228 euros to fix the fridge. If this comes under 'normal' maintenance I could do without it. Scandalous!!!!

This is what the repairman did
    1. Take everything out of fridge
    2. Once you do this you'll see a load of ice in the back of the fridge
    3. Got a 'hairdryer' and spent 30 mins defrosting it.
    4. Put in new assembly unit (cost 148).

He said that the fan on this unit was completely frozen. I asked him what could of caused it but he didn't have a clue.

So in summary if you have the following you know you have this issue:
    1. Refridgerator not cooling.
    2. Water dispenser not working (what acutally happened is that the water pipe froze over).

I'm going to call Samsung and see what I can do. At least I get to complain.
    228 euros is terrible.

Hope this helps others..

Eanna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Just wondering where you got your Filter(s). I've an RS21DCNS and it's in need of a filter swap out. It's within warranty btw and problem free so far *touch wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eannakennedy

Got the filter in PowerCity... Sorry for late reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I ordered mine off ebay. great value. Came from UK. Got 2 of them, to make the high postage costs seem a little more reasonable. They were not samsung filters, but were identical. Water also tastes perfect, which is the important thing!

Advertisement