Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadway.com

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anybody would be able to help me out with this one.

Was ordering tickets for a show on broadway.com. I picked 4 tickets and it had

Tickets - Charges - Total $351

So naturally i assumed this was the total price. When i entered in the credit card details and clicked confirm i got a reference number and price of $1404.

They sent me an email which was not a confirmation but a request for the tickets i ordered.
    As soon as i seen this i sent them an email asking them to cancel and they did.

I checked my email 2 days later and i had another email from them, from the same night that i booked the tickets, for a second set of 4 tickets for the same show at the same time.

I emailed them and asked them to cancel these tickets as i never ordered them and it must be a duplicate order but they have refused.

They said because i didn't opt for insurance on these tickets that they can't be cancelled.

What can i do? I don't want these tickets, i never ordered them but yet i'm being charged for them.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

orla wrote:
    Wondering if anybody would be able to help me out with this one.

Was ordering tickets for a show on broadway.com. I picked 4 tickets and it had

Tickets - Charges - Total $351

So naturally i assumed this was the total price. When i entered in the credit card details and clicked confirm i got a reference number and price of $1404.

They sent me an email which was not a confirmation but a request for the tickets i ordered.
    As soon as i seen this i sent them an email asking them to cancel and they did.

I checked my email 2 days later and i had another email from them, from the same night that i booked the tickets, for a second set of 4 tickets for the same show at the same time.

I emailed them and asked them to cancel these tickets as i never ordered them and it must be a duplicate order but they have refused.

They said because i didn't opt for insurance on these tickets that they can't be cancelled.

What can i do? I don't want these tickets, i never ordered them but yet i'm being charged for them.
    I would assume if theyre not willing to help, that a chargeback on your cc would be the easiest fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I rang my bank and they said they can't do anything until the order is processed.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If broadway.com are refusing to cancel the tickets because you didnt order insurance, they seem to be ignoring your complaint that you didnt order them in the first place (duplicate order). Perhaps email again, insisting rather than requesting they be cancelled, reiterating that you never ordered? And are you sure they did cancelthe first lot, or could this be your original order going thru?

But at the end of the day, once the cc company can see the payment hopefully they can charge it back.

Advertisement